How Would You Log?

Options
I keep cut up fresh veggies in my fridge for snacking... if I eat say, two baby carrots, two slices of cucumber, two grape tomatoes, and two florets of broccoli for a snack (I like variety).. how would I log it? log each one individually? Make a recipe for it? Quick add an estimate? Or don't log it at all - just the hummus I eat with it?

Replies

• BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If it always the same veggies and amounts just make a recipe for it so u can add it quickly. That is what i do.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you eat this same exact thing (or close to it) several times a day or week, just make a recipe for it.
  • AndreaSchultz77
    Options
    I know it seems like a pain, but log everything individually if you have to. Make a recipe of it if you eat the same amount and make individual snack plastic baggies that way you don't have to log individually. It will ensure you stay on track if you log everything no matter what.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I created a recipe in my Recipe thingy for "Salad" where I just put 1 cup of all the veggies I usually eat, and I set the "servings" to be 1 cup. I use that when I'm eating a multiple variety of raw veggies whether they are in the recipe or not. It just gives me a guesstimate for calories, which IMO is better than nothing.
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Add it either as a recipe or a Meal. If you add it as one of your Meals you can see the individual items and adjust the quantity if necessary. If you don't care about that, add it as a recipe.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    yes, i make recipies in cases like this. or meals.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes just do 'assorted vegetables'. I know approximately how many calories that should equate to so I adjust the proportion.

I also don't pay attention to micronutrients on here, so it doesn't matter much to me how accurate the vitamin count is for example.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I log it individually unless I happen to find myself repeatedly having the same amount, then I'll make a recipe for it.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would log everything either individually or as a recipe.... just because I like to know the final numbers at the end of the day.. and to also stay on track!

Kudos for having such a healthy variety of snacks at the ready!!