The results are in.

Options
I signed up for a body fat assessment at my gym. Of course they tried to sell me on personal training, but that's for another day.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5’3
Weight(lbs): 181 (even on the gym scale w/ workout clothes on, NSV!)
Healthy Weight Goal (lbs): 144.84 (only 37 to go to get this!)
Actual Goal Weight (lbs): 125-130

Lean Body Weight (lbs): 117.32
Body Fat (lbs): 63.68
Ideal bf: 19%
Actual bf: 35.18%

The downfall is that I feel like a ball of blubber. The best part is that I'm really feeling this motivation now. 3 years ago (when I first resembled bulbasaur), my bf% was 39. So, I've lost 3%! Yay!

In addition, I weighed this morning before I took a shower and I was 181.2 on my scale. I went to this thing dreading the scale the most (even though I know NSVs are what makes this real), and I was pleasantly surprised. I stepped on fully clothed in workout gear + running shoes, and my weight was 181.5 on the 'mean scale'. :happy:

:smokin:

Replies

• tweak222
    Options
    Woo go girl! I cant wait til i weigh around 180! ;)
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Yep totally jealous. I'd be thrilled to weigh 181. Feel motivated and although people always will tell you in those places that you should be this weight or that for your body type only you can tell what is right for you. Good luck on your continued journey :)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to read this today. You are doing a great thing for yourself and your health. You need to steamroll right over feeling like a "ball of blubber". Starting today you're taking action to live healthier. I would like to lose 37 lbs, too, but you're so young that you're gonna leave me in the dust! LOL! You can do this!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hurrah! That's great to hear. I know when I got my fitness assessment my weight jumped up 6 lbs from what I weighed in the morning before. So the fact that you actually stayed at the same weight is definitely a NSV (or an "On-Scale-Victory? Ha ha)! Keep it up!

:smile:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

I am nearly done - just weight training to tighten everything up right now. But, I started at 47% BF and am now 23.8% body fat. I have lost 12" in my waist and 14" in my hips. I just cannot believe it!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I'm hoping to pull off my acutal goal in 6 months. Maybe I can sucker my gym out of another free assessment then? How do you all get your stats?
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

I am nearly done - just weight training to tighten everything up right now. But, I started at 47% BF and am now 23.8% body fat. I have lost 12" in my waist and 14" in my hips. I just cannot believe it!

This is fantastic, way to go!
  • jojohnson090
    Options
    Keep working hard and great, amazing things will come!!! I know I'm sure looking forward to them.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

^^ great job!!