Low Fat/ Low Carb Luncg Ideas?

Options
Hi... new to this website! I love it! Looking for Low Fat/ Low Carb lunch ideas? Thank you!

Replies

• BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I have really, really tried to do the low fat/low carb lunch thing. The problem was that I was going CRAZY by mid-afternoon and dinner for carbs. So much, that I'd fall really badly off the wagon.

So, I read a blurb on P90x that said to get all your carbs in your morning and mid-day meal. Save the no carbs for dinner. So, now I have something whole wheat or oatmeal for breakfast AND an open faced sandwich (using whole wheat bread) for lunch. Paired with some fruit for a side. I have enough energy to exercise, chase my kids, and go through life.

If I do some, good carbs, I lose weight. If I don't, then I gain it back and have to start all over.

Hope this helps.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I also try to eat most carbs before 3 and do the low carb thing at night. It's more effective for weight loss.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    try grilled chicken with mixed veggies wrapped in lettuce!
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and high protein, and typically keyp my carbs under 75g and my protein is about 130g.

My fave lunch:

2c Dole Iceburg Classic 27 cals 2 carbs
    1/4 c sliced cuke 4 cals 1 carb
    1/2 small tomato 10 cals 2 carbs
    1 tbs Hormel Real Bacon bits 25 cals 0 carbs
    2 tbs vermont Grove Balsamic Vin 4 cals 1 carb
    4oz beef eye of round steak 180 cals 0 carbs

total of 250 cals and 9g of carbs. I don't usually keep track of fat, but I just checked and it's 15g.

My fave snack is 1 c sliced strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries and 2 ounces Cabot 75% fat free cheddar

Hope that helps! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • PArlotta
    PArlotta Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for info!:smile: