I can't chew for over two weeks! Help!

Options
So I had a cavity :blushing: filled about two weeks ago ... I had to go back today because the filling did something ... well they replaced it with a temporary sedative filling which isn't properly packed down onto my tooth. That means that the filling throws off my bite by a little bit ... so if I chew, I could crack my other teeth at any point. So for the next couple of weeks, I need to at least TRY to eat foods that don't require much chewing so that I can keep my tooth safe and not need a root canal. Who's got recommendations that are at least kind of nutritious, and will hopefully keep me within my calories? Please and thank you :smile:

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Quinoa/Barley/Whole grain pasta
    Bananas/Melon/Strawberries/Berries
    Protein shakes
    Little, tiny chunks of meat
    Homemade soup
    Mashed vegetables or roasted and diced really small.

That's all I got off the top of my head!

HTH
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    soft things like oatmeal, eggs, protein shakes, soups, mashed potatoes. bananas... what's up with your dentist.. why would he put you at such risk?
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    oh honey!!! ♥
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    soft things like oatmeal, eggs, protein shakes, soups, mashed potatoes. bananas... what's up with your dentist.. why would he put you at such risk?

I honestly think he thought it matched my teeth. Sigh. If it's not okay by Monday, I might go back to the office.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Can't believe no one suggested it yet- just live on ICE CREAM!!! :love: :laugh:

Just teasing (kinda!)... Feel better :flowerforyou:
  • amancay
    amancay Posts: 13
    Options
    there are some serious hearty soups out there... most great veggies can be pureed... and smoothies are awesome, there are some great avocado smoothie recipes out there that would surprise most!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    scrambled egg whites with soft veggies, greek yougurt, unsweetened applesauce, oatmeal, protein shakes, quinoa, couscous, sweet potatoes, soups. Hope this helps.Sorry you are going through this