Getting These Hips Down...

Options
Everything else on me is slimming down quite nicely... except for these hips and thighs. Does anyone have any suggestions on exercises that would help to get them slimmer?

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have no help but mine are pissin me off. Hopefully in the next 35lbs mine will shrink nicely. I know I am destined to have thick thighs and a big butt and i'll embrace it, so long as i can get these things under 40 inches....
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. No exercise is going to make the fat go from your thighs. You must consume less calories than you burn to create a deficit. Your body decides when and where that fat comes from. Squats, deadlifts and lunges will help to give you nice muscles so that when the fat is gone, your legs look nice, but they won't make the fat melt away.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    WHile squats and lunges help- just keep plugging girl as no real spot reduction. My annoying slow spot is my gut. It is widdling away, slowly but surely. We all have our spots. The best remedy? Continued work and LOSS.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's about diet and patience. You can't control where you lose, all you can do is be patient and let it happen.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    stair master and running. in that order.