For those that don't have time...

Options
time.jpg

A quote that helped me when I didn't think that I had time to make myself better.

Replies

• ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Good quote! THanks for sharing - I love all these little inspirational sayings. I really do say them to myself when I'm doing cardio and want to quit!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Love it! I am learning in my aging process perception and way of thinking is PARAMOUNT! And in all aspects of life!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    “I just don’t have enough time.”

We’ve all said it before.

We say “I don’t have time” when life gets busy or when we don’t want to feel guilty about skipping something:

If we don’t have enough time to work out, it’s easier for us to be okay with wheezing after a flight of stairs.
    If we don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals, it’s easier to accept our next unhealthy meal through a drive-thru window.
    If we don’t have enough time to clean the house, it’s easier to accept living in filth.
    If we don’t have time to apply for new jobs and make new connections, it’s easier to accept staying in a dead-end job.

We have 168 hours in a week.

Time is our most precious resource.

Your priorities, whether you say so or not, are where you choose to spend those hours. Make the most of them! It’s amazing how much time you can find when you minimize the things that aren’t important to make room for the things that are.

Where do you spend your time? Just like keeping a food journal can be eye-opening, try tracking your time over the next few days in 30-minute blocks. How much time do you spend on the computer, watching TV, etc? I bet you’ll be surprised.

Suddenly…wild productivity appears!

The 10 hours of TV each week become less important.
    The late nights on Facebook and WoW become more apparent.
    The unproductive hours spent sitting at your desk, “working” without actually WORKING become clear.
    It’s not what you say that’s important to you, it’s what you DO that’s important to you.

I know you can get a great workout in 20 minutes, so I refuse to accept ANYBODY telling me that they don’t have time to work out.

I challenge you, starting today, to erase the phrase “I don’t have time” from your vocabulary. Instead, say “it’s not a priority.”

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this :)