What genre of music do you listen to....

Options
13»

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Soca and Dancehall for working out....the beat just gets you moving!
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    There's a couple of Prodigy tracks from their early stuff which can leave me me scarily focused if listened to present workout.
    In fact, I think I probably lose myself a little sometimes as everything seems less painful etc too when I'm in that mood.

Other than that:

Noisia (seriously Skrillex isn't music compared to anything, but these guys make most people sound like ****)
    Black Sun Empire
    Posij
    Krausey (a friend of mine who does Moombahthon and dub step amongst other things)

I also like my breakbeat as its cheerful and bouncy as anything. Good for coming up from the darkness and rage of a Prodigy fuelled session!
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Rock and electronic, but a variety of styles of each and generally from more left-field/alternative artists. Some favourite acts are Sufjan Stevens, Mew, Elbow, Cut Copy, M83, St. Vincent....I could go on and on. I love music :happy:
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I prefer metal and rock. I'm fond of Godsmack, Disturbed, 5Finger Death Punch, Static X, In This Moment,,,the list goes on. I need music that I love and can get into. With that being said I do have Lady Gaga in my current mix so I'm not stuck in a rut.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I listen to a variety but lately..a lot of Michael Jackson, Eye of the Tiger, Tobymac, We as Human....
  • kcatlin9
    kcatlin9 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Rock, hard rock, classic rock, heavy metal.
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    For working out, I tend to stick to my electronic station that plays different sub genres of electro music including dub step (which I like because I use the slow/fast changes in tempos as cues for speeding up/slowing down).
    Some of those artists include:
    Justice, Boys Noize, Bassnectar, Bloody Beetroots, Daft Punk, Prodigy, Benny Benassi, Digitalisim, MSTRKRFT, DeadMau5, Skrillex, Pretty Lights, etc...

I also have an Indie Dance station on Pandora that I created that plays stuff like:
    Ratatat, Crystal Castles, Cut Copy, Foster the People, Miike Snow, Passion Pit, Royksopp, Empire of the Sun, MGMT, Two Door Cinema Club, Gorillaz, etc....

I also enjoy underground rap for the occasion. :)
    I can't listen to anything too slow or it throws off my groove.

EXACTLY what I listen to! Love me some dance music to burst through the running lulls! Got to get some Supermash bros or Girltalk

Yeah!! :happy: