New Jeans!!

Options
xonophone
xonophone Posts: 474 Member
As my weight has been dropping, I started to wear a belt with my jeans. A few weeks ago I had to buy a smaller belt. Today, even with the belt my jeans were literally falling of,f so I went right out and bought a new pair, one size smaller! And they look GREAT!!! In fact, I bought a pair of work pants too, because one of my coworkers told me last week that I look like I "have a load in my pants" because they are so baggy in the butt! LOL. I've been putting off buying smaller clothes, but I have to remind myself that THIS is the size I used to be, where I was happiest, and my closet still has many things in this size that I have not been able to wear for a few years. In fact, last year I bit the bullet and donated all the clothing that hadn't fit me for a long time, because I resigned myself to the fact that I would never fit into them again.

I have to admit that I've been at this calorie counting thing for 3 months now and I'm starting to get burned out. I've slowly been creeping up a litttle on the calories I'm eating, staying closer to my maintenance limit than the lose 1 lb/wk limit. Telling myself it's okay to go ahead and have a little extra cheese because I've been so good that just this once won't matter. I could feel myself getting on a slippery slope - being so close to my goal I could taste it, but boy oh boy, I could also taste that extra slice of cheese pizza too. But with my new jeans, I feel empowered - I DO have willpower over food after all, it doesn't have to control me anymore! I'm wearing the proof of that willpower. I am proud to look in the mirror, at security cameras as I walk into stores, and at photos of myself once again. And that feeling makes me feel so much happier than ANY type of food can.

I think I'm going to sleep in my new jeans - I just feel so damn sexy! :laugh:

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Way to tell food who's boss!!
  • bambi5014
    bambi5014 Posts: 79
    Options
    Wow! You stole the thoughts right out of my head. I too, have been slipping up and eating more calories than I should, and my weight loss has tremendously slowed. I haven't gained, but I am still 9 lbs. away from reaching my April 1st goal. I decided to "buckle down" this week and get back on track and I lost a full pound (which makes -21 lbs. since New Years). Then today, I bought 3 new pairs of shorts and am now floating on cloud 9, because I am two sizes smaller than I was on January 1st. I still have a long way to go, but people are definitely noticing the weight loss and it feels great! I am sure you feel the same! Its a fabulous compliment when a co-worker tells you it looks like you have a "load" in your pants because they are so baggy!! LOL Congrats and keep up the great job!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Love it....your post made me smile. You go right ahead and sleep in those new jeans........you earned it!! :laugh:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    My rule is--if I want that extra cheese.... I'm working it off. I still allow myself to have the extra things here and there especially around TOM but I make myself burn it off... my job allows me to do this thank goodness so I maintain very easily.

Great job on getting new pants. I know what it's like with the belt... I had to punch new holes and it's still not enough... I'm due for new pants but mine isn't really because of the pounds but the inches...

Keep up the good work.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU :smile:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats! :drinker:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Smaller jeans are motivation to stick to it. You are in charge! A+:bigsmile:
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Congrats!! That is great!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Wow! You stole the thoughts right out of my head. I too, have been slipping up and eating more calories than I should, and my weight loss has tremendously slowed. I haven't gained, but I am still 9 lbs. away from reaching my April 1st goal. I decided to "buckle down" this week and get back on track and I lost a full pound (which makes -21 lbs. since New Years). Then today, I bought 3 new pairs of shorts and am now floating on cloud 9, because I am two sizes smaller than I was on January 1st. I still have a long way to go, but people are definitely noticing the weight loss and it feels great! I am sure you feel the same! Its a fabulous compliment when a co-worker tells you it looks like you have a "load" in your pants because they are so baggy!! LOL Congrats and keep up the great job!!

good for you both for working through the feeling of giving up, I think that is what happens to most people, they get a few months ( or even a month) into it and they realize its not coming off the way it did before, and its really going to take some time to get all the weight off, and they give up. YEAH for not giving up!!! ITs SOOOOO worth it!!!
    hats off to the smaller size jeans too!! :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    thank you, thank you, my MFP friends :blushing: ! And no, I didn't sleep in my jeans :smile:

Tamishumate: hats off to YOU for your weight loss - that is amazing!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!