I'm a new one!

Options
HI, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm hoping that I find what I"m looking for. Support, maybe a friend or two<who are trying to do what I'm doing> and the tools that I need to succeed.
A little about myself? Hmm, a mom of 5 kids. 4 older boys and 1 little girl. Married, can't forget that. And we have 1 dog, a pembroke welsh corgi.
I do work fulltime in a grocery store. Needless to say, the snacks and stuff are within reach. And trust me when I say, I can reach for them at anytime.
I like to read, walk, crochet, cross stitch, cook and be outside.
Thanks, in advance, for any helpful hints.

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Friend me if you wish! Log your calorie and exercise everyday. Take some of the challenges in the discusion forums. It helps you get to know some buddies and keep motivated! I will post a Skinny Saturday Challenge Friday night. Want to join???Check the forums tomorrow night for details....it's fun! All the best and good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone here is very nice & supportive!
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :smile:
  • Donecruising
    Options
    Welcome Flowerpwr63,

You'll do just fine as long as you log all your food, I mean every snack you grab and stay in your calorie range and do your exercise you'll be alright! :happy:
  • texaslauren7
    Options
    Hi, I am new too. I am here to loose the dreaded baby weight. I had my son three weeks ago. I gained 67lbs with him! Yikes. So far, I've lost 35 lbs. About 30 of those lbs came off automatically with the baby. I've been watching what I eat because I feel like a slob. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and goodluck!
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome to the new comers! I'm pretty new myself, being doing this since January! The best advise I can give is BE HONEST. When logging your food, be honest with it. You are not helping yourself if you lie about what you ate for the day. I wish you all the best of luck in you Journey.
  • NicoleStrang
    Options
    Hi there, new as well, and in British Columbia Canada. I work shift work, so that in itself presents some different challenges food and exercise wise. Slow and steady wins the race right. I look forward to using MFP to help me when I dont want to go anymore, motivation is often my issue. Thanks for having me.