What do you order at a Thai resturant?

Options
That is low in calories...?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If I'm trying to be really good I just get any of the steamed veggie mixes with steamed tofu and typically skip the sauce since it's so high in sodium. So it's basically a giant plate of steamed veggies and tofu.

But when I'm not as focused on the really good part, just making healthier choices, I get the pad see ew with chicken. High in salt and carbs, but not as high in calories as a lot of the other options.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Tom Yum soup of course.

Green papaya salad is going to be naturally low in calories. Waterfall beef salad probably wouldn't be too bad either.

The water-based curries shouldn't be too bad, especially if you pick a lean protein.

Just avoid the massamun curry. Triple whammy of coconut milk, peanut butter, and potatoes along with whatever meat you put in it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Chicken with basil or garlic and chilli. Lots of veggies. Skip the rice. Watch the portion size
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    chicken satay--go easy on the peanut sauce
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry Veggies w/shrimp
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Pho
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Pho

Wrong cuisine, that's Vietnamese. :wink: But also a delicious, low-calorie (if not ridiculously high in sodium) option. The hubby and I used to go to a local place every Friday night. (yeah, we called it Pho Friday) :)
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pho

Wrong cuisine, that's Vietnamese. :wink: But also a delicious, low-calorie (if not ridiculously high in sodium) option. The hubby and I used to go to a local place every Friday night. (yeah, we called it Pho Friday) :)

Actually, there's a Viet-Thai place around here that my friends and I go to after church sometimes. Yet, they often forget the "Viet" part of the cuisine. I always get Pho there.

However, on the rare occasions I DO go to a place that serves Thai food, I go for beef satay with peanut sauce, pad thai, and fried ice cream. Healthy? Not even remotely! But it's delicious, and I seriously get it like twice a year if I'm lucky.. because the best place to get it has horrible, HORRIBLE parking.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about calories..I would enjoy if it isn't some place you usually eat.. Pad thai, fresh rolls, and thai iced tea.. heaven..
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad) is my addiction. I tend to get that and a Tom Yum soup.