all about ME :)

Options
Hi! Nice to meet you!

I'm Jen and I'm new to MyFitnessPal so I'm still learning to navigate the site. I'm 36 years old and have set myself a goal to lose 100 lbs before the end of the year. Like many people, I've struggled with my weight for many years. I had previously done Weight Watchers in the past but after going through a really devastating breakup, I gained a LOT of weight . About 10 years ago I reached my all time high of 243 lbs. I dabbled in WW over the years and was able to lose 45 lbs. I gained almost 40 lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter, but about a week after she was born I had dropped to 185 lbs which was less than I weighed when I got pregnant! That success was very short lived. My daughter is now 3.5 and ever since then my weight has been slowly creeping up on me. I decided that 2013 was going to be the last year I was going to spend fat and unhappy. I bought myself the BodyMedia armband and have been wearing it since January 3. Unfortunately, since then, I've only lost a total of 5 lbs. I exercise between 4-6 times per week. My main issue is controlling my food intake, specifically sweets. I don't know if others can relate, but I feel very ashamed of my current condition and my inability to "just say no" to certain foods. Basically, what I need most is the support in this journey that I am too embarassed to ask family and friends for.
Thanks for reading!