Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 3/26 wk 13

Options
2»

Replies

• angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I am here. Things have been busy. My son had spring break last week so I was trying to spend extra time with him one on one before the baby comes. Tomorrow I will be 34 weeks and only have about 6 weeks before baby arrives. I am trying to get thing prepared and organized for the baby. My husband put together my glider rocker last night so when I woke up this morning I saw it.:bigsmile: I love it already. Now I have to get him move a few pieces of furniture around so it can be in a good spot for when the baby comes. I know he loves doing things like that for me. NOT! Since I have been pregnant, all have to do is say I can do it by myself then he gets right on it.:smile: I need to start washing baby clothes and stuff. :grumble: My husband will be very happy when I finally stop "nesting" as he calls it because his to do list will stop growing.

I have not remembered to weight my self at home so hopefully with my note on the computer I will remember on Friday. I am sure I will gaining weight until I have this baby now. At the doctor's office I was up 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I have gained 15 pounds since my pregnancy. So much for my goal of gaining only 11 pounds. I hope for this point on I will keep the gain to 1 pound every 2 weeks. I am going to get back in the habit of going to the gym 2 times a day at least 3 days a week. Also, I am going to start again logging my food. I hope you guys have a great day!:smile:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Pepper's,
    Very busy week end. The party for mom went well. I have been crazy busy. Sorry for not checking in on Friday. Stayed the same as last no gain no loss. Have to get back to work but wanted to check in.

Have a great evening. :bigsmile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Oh my those canbury eggs...... let's not go there.... especially when all the easter candy is 1/2 off next Monday.

I didn't walk on lunch due to the rain.
    I did jog 1.5 miles and did do curves. I am tired..... beat....
    This getting back to normal week is kicking my butt..... I am sleepy...

Take care.
    B
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Didn't go as far on my walk yesterday OR work my arms. Helped dm at rental. getting close to being done! food wise...was good til I finished my afternoon route......Easter candy, sugar cookies, chips and salsa. WTH happened?? TOM?? :angry: So, I had grilled, seasoned deer burger w/the family and watched Terminator Salvation.

[ ] engine starter
    [x] brkfst -clean
    [x] lunch planned clean
    [x] afternoon snack planned clean
    [x] supper planned clean
    [x] bedtime snack planned clean

[x] h20 8-9, working on # 3
    [ ] exercise, treadmill, stretch and tone w/Denise

make it a GREAT DAY team! Go SHGP's!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    So really frustrated, did good yesterday and walked to the car. Ate a little more than I should have for dinner but not crazy bad. So weight my self to see how I was doing and I am up almost 4 pounds!! What the $&%$&%* I am at my wits end! I am so fed up with this crap of yoyoing. I have no control. I have totally loss it. All I can think is the stress is getting to me.
    Sorry to vent but I feel really loss at this time:frown:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Afternoon Pepper's,
    Well my arm is not broken but they want me to see a orthopedic. So down I cant do my shred workout and its been raining for two day so not able to walk on my lunch either. I did not do good with the sweet yesterday, think cause I am down. I will try to look on the possitive side it is going to be nice by the end of the week, maybe 60 tomorrow.
    Jacque I totally understand the yoyoing. I am fighting for control as well it is hard but I know we can do this. We are worth it no mater how many times we have to start over. When the nicer weather is here I will be happy I can get my walks in.

Goals
    Stay with in calories
    drink more water
    no sweets

:drinker: sticking to my goal :laugh: Check back later
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    Just checking in. I think we all struggle with control over food. We just have to take 1 day at a time and not to worry about the past. :flowerforyou: Tomorrow is a new day. I keep trying everyday but some days are more successful then others. I think that is all we can do is keep trying. I hope everyone is having a great day!:smile:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    326.png
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Did very well yesterday, was under calories. Plan on that again today. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a orthopedic doctor for my arm, hope they dont find anything. They are thinking I fractured my wrist but can not see it on exrays. I will let you know. will weigh myself before appointment just in case they put a cast on I will be able to tell the difference.

Well back to work. Hang in there, check back later :bigsmile:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Good morning all!!
    Sindy- hope and prayer that there is no fracture!
    Angi-Thanks for the uplift!! really needed it.
    Well i wallked yesterday and loged my food. Went over in calories but i stilled logged it.
    So Today a new day! Will walk and try to stay under calories.
    Hope evryone has a great day!! Luv you all:heart::heart: :heart:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Well been super busy, working my you know what off, weighed in at CURVES yesterday and i am down 3 pounds!
    They are starting a roller derby team here!!!!!! FINALLY and I am totally joining:) SO the first practice is tomorrow:) I will tell you how that is then! Still working out 2 xs a day! AND IT IS FINALLY WORKING! this has changed my plateu!
    THANK GOD!
    Take it one day at a time TEAM your body will kick into gear !
    Hope you have a great day! gotta go think of a BAD GIRL NAME for myself LOL
    Im thinking VITA VON SCARY!:)
    the hubby says
    Bonnie Beatdown! LOL
    love to have your inout tonight:) thank my lovlies............
    The easter buynny is knocking on my door..........but I cant hear him
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Good luck w/the rollerderby. Good to hear Curves is successful for you.
    I think for me, it's keeping me maintaining.

Today, my daughters joined curves. My oldest had tried it out previously....my middle daughter - this was her first time. Both gjirls enjoyed so that's a start....

April Fools Day -- just around the corner.

B
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hahaha Love the Bonnie Beatdown go with that one
    So its Thursday. I am happy about the walking. walked everyday so far this week. Plan to start going to the gym Saturday and slowly work it in daily. Ate better last night but still needs room for improvement. hope everyone is having a good day!!:smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I agree... go w/ Bonnie Beatdown.

So do we need to send you funky knee high tube socks? Or ripped up fishnets?
    Gotta send pics of first game.....
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I agree... go w/ Bonnie Beatdown.

So do we need to send you funky knee high tube socks? Or ripped up fishnets?
    Gotta send pics of first game.....
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Oh my team! I am exhausted! We had a 2 hour practice running.sit ups,push ups. running. sprints,squats, running again! I felt so outof shape!!!!! But I came home and took a bath! This conditioning is gonna kill me!
    anyhow i went with bonnie beatdown! I loved it! thanks for the input! Barb You are silly I have a bunch of fun socks I will post pictures as soon as we skate!
    I didnt do good on eating today! because I hardley ate...but I am gonna go raid the fridge now;) i will talk to you later! I hope that you all had a wonderful day!
    Misssssss VITA
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Crystal....yes, I am the *only* one in my family that cares to eat healthy....and a few of them actually make snide remarks about it. I am adopted and my brother and sister ( they are from the same mother and father/my adopters) are rail thin, and eat junk, and my sis smokes. My adoptive mom and dad both smoked, and my dad had a HA 10 yrs ago w/quad bypass, and has not smoked since but still likes his steaks, cakes and shakes! he is a little over wt. My mom had a HA 3 yrs ago w/triple bypass, and still smokes, and is type 2 diabetic, on insulin and eats like my dad and worse. she is very obese. I used to worry about her so much, but have come to realize it is her choice to live this way. My mom's family has always been large, since their 40's only b/c of lifestyle and my dad's family is very thin. My "aunt", my real mom, my mom's sister (in family adoption) is a slightly obese and smokes. she had to have a stent put in for a blocked carotid a yr ago, and still smokes. she has a son, that is morbidly obese. like 500 lbs. my husband's family are all short, small people, but are much heavier (over wt/a little obese) in their older yrs. they are the ones who have always criticized me when I was pregnant, obese, gained wt, lost wt. They even had me stand belly to belly ( I was 9 mos preg) w/ my dh grandpa to see who had the biggest belly, his was a beer belly and took a PIC of it!! they also say things to their son, my dh, and our boys. and our boys are not fat or chunky by any means. both inlaws are now over wt and my FIL is borderline diabetic and pre- hypertensive. dh was a wrestler in hs and was very lean at 165 lbs, but now is almost 240....and his wt is all in his belly, but it is rock hard, I swear! I have cried many tears over the years..but have recently gotten a backbone and been standing up for myself. I just wish my family would care as well. I can only change myself. There is never anything healthy at a family gathering unless I bring it. At Christmas, my sis was talking about corn oil, vegetable oil, and I mentioned EVOO, and she was like, ewww, yuck, you EAT that stuff? I'm like yeah, and I cook with it too. She was just in shock. And I know I don't look skinny like her, but I am truly healthier than her. I really think you can be over wt and healthy. She is out of breath and has a smokers cough and is 1 yr younger than me, and looks 5 yrs older than me. oh, and both her kids, 12 and 15 are over wt. It's just really, really hard sometimes. I really feel bad that I did not raise my boys on healthier, whole foods. I can only set an example now and just rave about how great I feel! So, I am proud of the mom's who are young and feeding their kids nutritious meals. If it's the only way they know, then hopefully, that will follow them thru their life. sorry for the book here....

I hope you get that ride in today! I know you are looking forward to it! I too am feeling a lot better, motivated and dedicated! I just want it to continue and feel good!

HI to the rest of the pepper's..have a great day/weekend!

Kelly, I am so sorry that I am just now getting to read this. I have a family full of weight problems myself. They all bring along their obese-induced diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. Honestly, I it scares the cr@p out of me!! I use it for motivation. I don't want to have almost have a heart attack in my early 40s like my dad. Keep plugging away and don't hide or appolgize for it. Maybe you'll get through to 1 of them. I keep hoping that myself. :flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Miss V - proud of you....keep it up!

Started tracking my food again today.... I had not been doing that.

To those not working on Good Friday, enjoy the day! To those working -- don't work too hard!

Take care.
    B
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! It's been a crazy week!! I got a new job in a different department at work. This week I've been working 1/2 days in each department. Except it hasn't been that easy. I've been here an hour and then there an hour and then back again. At least I've gotten plenty of walking in since the departments are in different buildings. I'll be glad when next week is here and I can focus on doing 1 job, the new one!!!

Food has been all over the place. I'm not eating enough through the day since I'm busy running around and that makes me overeat at night. Add the water weight coming back on, I fully expect to gain this week. I'm going to brush myself off, plan better for next week, and go again.

Exercise is a totally different story. Monday I walked with Leslie when I got home from work. I decided that the rest of the week I would get up and walk with her in the morning. It's gone really well. Tuesday after work I went to the park and did W1D1 of C25K. I really hadn't planned to when I first got there, but I just felt like trying. I had planned to go back today, but I left work late and decided to come home instead. I think I'm really ready this time to do C25K. The weather is nice enough I can go after work to the park. I just feel like it's time. I had planned to finished it before the Heart Walk April 17. That obviously isn't going to happen now. But I think that may be why it's different this time. I'm one of those people who loves to read but hated to read the assigned books in HS because I "had" to. I don't have pressure to have it done now. I'm just doing it because the weather is pretty and I want to see how far I can push myself. Running a race can come later. Maybe I'll be able to run the race for the cure in oct.

Anyway, good night Peppers!! Good luck in on the scale in the morning.