Craving bad food! HELP!

Options
I have ate healthy all day. I'm doing really good and even worked out twice. I've reached my goals for calories, fat, carbs and protein for the day and now i have to go to work. I work at a bar with amazing smelling onion rings and famous hamburgers and soda and i just feel so tempted when i'm there. anybody have some tips of how to control myself at work?

Replies

• CodySchweigert
    Options
    Personally I find that it helps to only think of the food you can eat.. basically just tough it out until you further into the rhythm.. Once it becomes a routine you'll soon forget about it all.. Of course you could always think of how disatrous those onion rings are.. or how they'll make your breath stink.. Anything besides how they taste, turn them into a negative anyway you can until your disgusted by them.. LOL. Sorry if this wasn't much help.. :-/
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go to work so that at least you aren't hungry. Maybe you could save a few calories and have like 1 onion ring or something. When I want something just for the taste, I can usually get by on a very small serving chewed for a long time. Oh, and water; don't forget that.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonalds. I have a burger once or twice a week. I no longer "crave" it. If I "couldn't" eat it, I would probably crave it like mad and end up eating 90 Big Macs.
  • kmblair423
    kmblair423 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes,
    I am in the same situation. I know exactly how you feel and it is tempting, even worse than that really. I have gotten to the point where I remind myself how much pain it brings me when I indulge in that behavior and I remind myself am I stronger than that, then I happily turn my thoughts to other things. It's just not worth the few minutes of relief from the cravings. You sound like you are doing fabulous, focus on that! Friend me if you like :smile:
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    If that was me then i would probably eat something before going there so you won't be as tempted and would feel full. You could always bring some gum or mints?
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What I learned to do was eat less calories during the day. I get VERY hungry at night and that's usually when I cheat. So, instead of messing up, I keep nuts and veggie chips beside my bed so that I don't sneak downstairs to get a Klondike bar. For some reason I get REALLY hungry at night so just changing around how much you eat throughout the day can help sometimes. OR you can do calorie blasting workouts to allow yourself the ability to eat more.