strength cals

foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I know this is going to sound ludicrously dumb, but does strength training burn calories

aka lunges, squats, resistance band exercises, ab work

i havent really been in the mood for cardio lately, but have been keeping this up and am excited to do it

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    of course!! not as many as cardio per minute but it definitely does and there's the after burn!!

plus i love how it makes me feel smaller and firmer, so i say keep it up you'll be adding cardio again when you feel it.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    of course!! not as many as cardio per minute but it definitely does and there's the after burn!!

plus i love how it makes me feel smaller and firmer, so i say keep it up you'll be adding cardio again when you feel it.
    '

thanks for the uplift! i used to just use strength training in addition to cardio, though seldomly. so this is a transition for me. we will see how it impacts my bod!:flowerforyou:
  • aareeyesee
    aareeyesee Posts: 65 Member
    Im 5'8" 195lb male so im sure your number will be lower but I wear my HRM while weight training and I usually stay around 400+ cal for a 35min workout. I keep my rest between sets from 0-60 seconds and keep a fairly fast pace with very little in isolation exercises.
This discussion has been closed.