personal trainers

Options
so has anyone had any success with any trainers? I used one years ago and basically got screwed. I"m thinking about this time around again and trying to find a good one. I know they are expensive but if anyone has had any success I'd love to know. Also, I live in the Taunton/Raynham/Middleboro area in Mass. so if anyone knows of any good ones please let me know!

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    With a good trainer, you can improve. I was a PT for years, but I didn't like the business as a whole. Most guys want to get people in for years. I always took in clients for a few weeks and trained them to understand fitness and nutrition.Then I would have maintenance session over various time periods to help them adjust workouts or for motivation.

in some case people just wanted to pay so they felt accountable. A lot to spend for something each one of us has in them with the right motivation.
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Iceman420
    Options
    I started using a Trainer in January. It's only been one month, but so far it's working for me. Good luck :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use a trainer to do be a good weights prgramme and to give me a blowout every couple of weeks. Mine is excellent Ive learnt alot through her and she has given me some awesome advice and tips. She also busts my butt hehe which what I need
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been with a trainer for a year and have dropped 85 pounds, several pant sizes, and have gained a decent amount of muscle. I am positive I wouldn't have been able to progress this far so quickly without his assistance. Like you said, though, it's all about finding a good one!

I live in MA, too... but up on the Northshore area, so I can't help you there.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, most of them know no more than you can find out yourself via research either through books or the Internet. I mean, come on, you can get a certificate in 6 weeks now, what does that tell you about the profession, if you can call it that ? Might be useful if you are not able to formulate your own workout plan, but other than that, I tend to think they are a mammoth waste of money.