Fastest results

Options
I am going to France in 2 weeks to Euro Disney and to the Eiffel Tower of course. I am wanting to tone up my legs and abs and maybe lose like 5 pounds before I go. What is the quickest and safest way to do this with results that will stick?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    There is no quick and permanent weight loss trick. You might increase your workouts and just go for toning while you try to lose 1-2 pounds per week.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    the one thing you can work on is stamina. Do cardio like elliptical, stairs and walk/jog. Push ups and squats will wake up the arms and legs and get them thinking about work.

If you do a plan for each day, you will be a bit stronger-or at least feel more confident- in 2 weeks!.

I used to pick up the pace a few weeks before vacation for this very reason!

Have fun!
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I agree that you can workout enough in 2 weeks to feel stronger, but losing 5 pounds, especially if you don't have a lot to lose, in that short of time and have results that stick is a lot to hope for.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    I agree with the above about the quick fix. Won't stay off BUT you can do a detox cleanse, Jillian Michaels has a good one. I think it's a five day. That will help you drop a few pounds before you go. You can drop 5 to 10 pounds from it. Good luck & have a great trip!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that the weight loss probably won't happen, but you can do a lot to improve your trip. Get on a treadmill and crank up the incline as high as you can stand and walk fast. Also, do the stair machine (not the StairMaster one, but the one where actual stairs rotate) if you can. That will help with climbing through Notre Dame and help get your legs more toned!!

And remember - wear jersey dresses and flats to look slightly less touristy and have fun!!! :smile:
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5 lbs. isn't a significant difference as far as appearance goes. To change one's appearance from Average Person to that of Impossible Model With Armies of Trainers Makeup Artists And Post-Photo Session Editing, one needs to spend a lot more than just two weeks on a temp fix.

Unless a person already has a low body fat percentage, "toning" is a misnomer and unfortunately leads to unrealistic expectations, both in results and speed. Muscle tone requires good eating habits to get lessen that layer of flesh that covers the muscles.

Men do the same thing; we think that 2 weeks of intense biceps curls will lead to "guns."
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    In addition to what others have already said, I just want to emphasize that you are going on a fabulous trip and I hope you enjoy it without worrying about those 5 lbs. Enjoy the history, architecture, people, and the food of course, as it's not every day most people get to take trips like that.