Confused...

Options
Okay so, when I was working out quite a bit, and eating 1200 (or less) calories a day, I wasn't hungry. And I ended up dropping a lot of weight, which was cool. (I'd like to continue losing, lol). I got to be 130lbs. Now, I'm still working out, but I upped my calories to 1450, and I'm ALWAYS hungry! And I'm up to 150lbs! (but that weight is a different story...) Anyway, why am I always hungry??? I'm eating more now...

Replies

• gerbyerl
    Options
    It's funny, because before I started counting cals and focussing on losing weight, I was ravenous. All the time. Always ready to shovel food. These past few days the hunger is just fading more and more, and I barely even notice until right before lunch(I used to suffer from feeling hungry in pds 1-6..)
    I think the more you limit the cals, the more your body just says "suck it up". That's my super-scientific theory.
  • gerbyerl
    Options
    Also, about the weight - muscle mass, cause you're ripped.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Okay so, when I was working out quite a bit, and eating 1200 (or less) calories a day, I wasn't hungry. And I ended up dropping a lot of weight, which was cool. (I'd like to continue losing, lol). I got to be 130lbs. Now, I'm still working out, but I upped my calories to 1450, and I'm ALWAYS hungry! And I'm up to 150lbs! (but that weight is a different story...) Anyway, why am I always hungry??? I'm eating more now...

When you limit your calories to less than 1200, your body will eventually adjust so it's not as hungry. It has to do with the hormone Leptin. Now that you're working out and eating more, your body's realizing it NEEDS the calories, so it's sending those signals. It's a good thing, promise!
  • acpaton92
    acpaton92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your body fat/lean muscle mass is? If your have more lean muscle, then you might need more food. Or, it could be that you're taking in empty calories.