Almonds

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP have such a low fat allowance? I have always been ok with good fats. I just can't stay under the amount they suggest.

Many people adjust to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Almonds :love:
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP have such a low fat allowance? I have always been ok with good fats. I just can't stay under the amount they suggest.

Many people adjust to 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat

Thanks
    I think I will try that
  • ecmruss88
    ecmruss88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I never liked almonds either until i discovered blanched almonds, toasted and put into a salad!! Best thing ever!!
    Also best to try and blanch your own almonds! :tongue:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk in my morning coffee
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My desk drawer at work is like a blue diamond store...I have honey, dark chocolate, jalapeño, habanero
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Chocolate covered almonds *heaven* but, since I'm trying to lose weight it's raw plain almonds =)
  • 4n6babe
    4n6babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One serving of almonds for the ones I have are 24 almonds, 160 calories... if you eat a whole bag thats 2560 calories. And thats just the plain whole almonds. I'm sure the flavored are even more.

To battle this, I count them out and put them in a separate baggie. Never sit with the bag right near you or they will be gone before you know it lol.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Whole, dry roasted with sea salt!!! Almost an everyday addition to my menu!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i love lindt almonds covered with white chocolate, but i like almonds any way. Just have to be careful about the calories.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Do a search here in the forums. Just last week I ended up with 6lbs of raw almonds and I was given a ton of ideas. So far, besides just eating them plain, I've made almond butter and tomorrow I'm making almond crusted fish fillets. I loveee almonds!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    One serving of almonds for the ones I have are 24 almonds, 160 calories... if you eat a whole bag thats 2560 calories. And thats just the plain whole almonds. I'm sure the flavored are even more.

To battle this, I count them out and put them in a separate baggie. Never sit with the bag right near you or they will be gone before you know it lol.

The dark chocolate are the same 24 for 160 calories but it's probably higher for everything else
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Plain, no flavoring, no roasting. Just raw plain, love them
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Almonds pretty much any way except too salty! Cocoa ones are awesome, but usually I buy the raw ones.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of almonds. Until last week. Low and behold, I had a handful of Blue Diamond Salt and Vinegar almonds. Let's just say, I have gone through 3 cans in a week.

Besides all the antioxidants it has, what is your favorite way, or flavor to have an almond?

I love dates stuffed with toasted almonds. Someone told me that this is a common thing for Middle Easterners to eat after a meal. Very yummy and the dates are very good for you too. But now that I am on a lower carb diet, can't eat but one.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Hi, but can you tell me how to adjust?
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Old Gold Scorched Almonds.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I get the raw almonds at Trader Joe's. Sometimes I eat them as is - about a handfull. Other times I'll add a little cinnamon and / or honey. Got to watch the honey though because I'm combining two calorie dense foods. It's so good though.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds are the best when trying to lose weight! In my opinion!