weird motivators?

Options
does anyone have weird motivators to exercise.? i have been having a hard time getting motivated to do it but when i watch a certain movie it makes me just wanna do it and i get energy and go at it like today. just curius if anyone else has anythng weird that pumps them up?

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Watching weight loss shows on you tube. Sure Im sitting on my butt while doing it :ohwell: but afterwards Im pumped :-)
  • Otrogen
    Options
    Listening to very upbeat music. It's about all pop is good for, and usually it'll happen as I'm flipping radio stations in the car so I can't even really work out then anyway xD. The gym I used to go to had top 40 pop radio playing all the time, and I liked that a lot. I hate actually finding the music and putting it on my Zune to listen to while I work out, but having it conveniently there is nice!
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Getting butt naked and stepping in front of the mirror. What I saw was motivation enough. Even stepping on the scale, or putting on old wardrobe that was way to small. I would even start pumping myself up the night before. Yay! I'm working out tomorrow! To the point it was in my dreams. Good luck, Hun. You gotta get creative, cant let nothing stop you. Make it your #1 priority.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your profile. You are very inspiring! Your story is awesome! You have come a long way! I'm speechless! Good for you!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Here's a good motivator... The more you exercise and eat healthy the more you can satisfy women in bed. The less you exercise and eat unhealthy the sooner your body will manifest a sexual impotence. Basically the harder you workout the harder its gonna get. Lol
  • Vlly4life15
    Vlly4life15 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Diabetic amputations

Quick google search enough for me to get on the stair master
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Recently started watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix. Zombie movies always make me want to exercise. After all, rule #1 *is* cardio ;)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    An hour of quiet... to run, work out, ride the bike. It's therapeutic.

...And the thought that someday I may run into my 'arch nemesis' and she'll see me and think "D*mn! She's hotter than I am!"

Ha! that's my vain side coming out. Down, Vanity! Down!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser! Both the UK and the US one! (the US one usually motivates me more) there are women on there who weight the same as i do (or did last week anyway) and i find that seeing them on there as an example of a disgustingly overweight being makes me upset and angry enough to get doing some exercise (this usually involves the rowing machine in front of the telly while i am watching biggest loser screaming at them telling them i will be damed if they are skinner than me!!!)
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    when an ex says " looks like your comfortable" with notes of "eeeck you got fat" I'd be lying if I didn't say that previous comment didn't push me towards me goal FURTHER!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Recently started watching "The Walking Dead" on Netflix. Zombie movies always make me want to exercise. After all, rule #1 *is* cardio ;)

Have you got the zombie 5k running app?? you need it! Couch 25k but with added zombie chasing!!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Have you got the zombie 5k running app?? you need it! Couch 25k but with added zombie chasing!!

I haven't gotten it because I need a new phone, lol. Once I do that, I'm all abut the zombies!
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    I call it "eating my frog". I really don't like exercise, but there is quote out there that goes something along the lines of, "Eat a frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse can happen during the rest of your day." I'm motivated by frog eating. LOL
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your profile. You are very inspiring! Your story is awesome! You have come a long way! I'm speechless! Good for you!

Thanks.
  • ktp6
    ktp6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The thought that I'll probably be running into an ex in a few months and also seeing "hot chicks" in "hot clothes" on my facebook feed. Damnit. I wanna look good in great clothes!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Getting butt naked and stepping in front of the mirror. What I saw was motivation enough.

This, lol. Works for me every time. :grumble:
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Showing an ex-girlfriend that they made a big mistake. The sweetest revenge is living well....Darius Rucker said it so you know it's real!
  • roxgrl
    roxgrl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Knowing I will run into my ex someday and our last conversation was him nicknaming me F&F (Fat and Foty)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Fat cow

I wrote it on everything.... water bottles & foo containers. Worked for me. Still works for me.
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also watch The Biggest Loser on my smartphone via Hulu Plus while I run on the treadmill. Very motivating! I also get motivated after watching the movie Rocky or Floyd Mayweather working out, lol.