Best Zumba Shoes?

Hi Zumba Lovers!

Just started doing Zumba myself and I am looking for a great pair of shoes. I bought some recently that I thought would work but the are not allowing me to pivot very well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Signe
BewellBehappy

Replies

• JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    That's a good question, I am interested in this myself. My current shoes give me blisters after Zumba due to pivoting, I believe. I don't get blisters from walking the same amount of steps even at a good pace.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    I've been doing all my classes with my Vibrams Trek sports but they don't pivot well enough ( since they're made for trail running) So I just bought a pair of Nike Free 3.0 advantage. Waiting for them to get here. They do seem like the perfect Zumba shoe though,
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    well if zumba is as dancey as everyone makes it seem then capezio's should be the right shoes. they are dancers shoes they are good for all that pivoting and spinning if you do that too.
  • They may not be the best shoes, but I got a pair at payless that are made for dancing. They are made by Champion and look kind of like running shoes, but they have a slick material on the bottom that allows you to pivot. They were about $20 and I have been wearing them for over 2 years. I went to a hip hop class tonight, but didn't wear them and now my shins hurt from trying to pivot in walking shoes. They definitely make a huge difference!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    I love to do Zumba in my Zero Drop shoes. I'm moving to a minimalist shoe for running and these are light and like being bare foot.

http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-MR00SB.html?E+scstore
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    go to the store and try on both shoes and slide on their carpet and floors to see which ones give you the best feel. I do mine at home even though my new shoes are good, i still put trouser socks over them for extra gliding..
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    It will also depend on your foot and what material you prefer. Do a Google search and see what people with similar feet have to say.

I'm on my third pair (went all Goldilocks with the shoes). The Rykas that I got online have been the best since they have a wide toe box. I've tried traditional dance shoes and they were great for sliding and pivoting, but made my toes numb. I also tried Nike's, however they were too narrow. Women's Footlocker carries a couple types that you can try. Puma (DSW) has a slick bottomed shoe also that could work.

Remember that there is also a fair amount of bouncing and jumping in addition to the pivots that you need to consider when finding a good Zumba shoe with support. Happy Shopping!
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    When I started Zumba, I went though a lot of shoes trying to find ones that worked. I finally found Bloch dance sneakers. You can get them over at Zappos and they were the cheapest sneaker I tried. They are great for pivoting, but still give me good support. They have a split sole to give the foot more flexibility. They run small, so you have to order a size or two larger than you normally wear. Zappos pays for return shipping if they don't fit.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Puma makes all kinds of shoes that are great for dancing in all kinds of settings. There have been times when I needed to perform on concrete surfaces. Puma is great.
  • I use Ryka (studio) shoes.
  • Bump..... I need shoes!
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    I do Zumba, Sh'Bam and Bokwa. I wear Ryka Transition shoes. They are comfortable, lightweight yet shock absorbing and they aren't too grippy and have a pivot spot.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    bump! i'm also doing research for the best zumba shoes. currently I use nike frees but I cannot use them for too long b4 my feet hurt.