Replies

• wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I still can't see her diary....
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Try doing some weight/strength training with the cardio. Maybe do cardio in the afternoon and then in the evening do some callisthenics like push-ups, squats, lunges, sit ups, ect. Make a bit of a routine so you're not doing the same thing all the time. I would be frustrated too if I didn't see a single oz drop in 5 days, but as everybody says, it's a marathon not a sprint. Also, high salt food is the devil. So tasty, but makes the scale lie to you!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,047 Member
    Options
    hmmm is it me or 2000cals is a lot?

im bulking and im a men.. my goal is set to 2650 eating around 2600-3000 a day i workout 4 times a week at the gym

i would recommend you drop to 1600-1800 if you didnt get any result eating 2000 its because you eat to much for what you are training but that being said if you get most of your cals from fat .. this may be the reason too.

GL!!! :D

It does sound like a lot, especially if you're not weighing things. Check that you have your goals set correctly. Once when I changed my settings, I had accidently clicked gain 1/2 pound per week instead of lose 1/2 - it worked great, lol!
  • CarolynCarrow
    CarolynCarrow Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes! Check my log from yesterday. Ewwww. Bad, bad!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    The diary has been re-closed. She was not getting anywhere near 2000 a day. Well below it.

Weigh youself again in the morning first thing in a few days. Bet it's down.
  • justholls11
    Options
    You sound as though you are weighing yourself too often! Try weighing yourself every two weeks or every four weeks. Especially since you have only started, you will not see any drastic changes straight away. Also, exercise gets rid of fat and turns into muscle, may be another possible reason, because muscle weighs pounds too!

Be patient, you can do it! Don't let it frighten you!!

Holly
    X
  • SBeaufait
    Options
    It hasn't been a full week yet, I felt the way same way as you when I started a few weeks ago. You will see a weight loss during the 2nd week. Key is to faithfully log in food and calorie intake each day so you are not eating more than suggested calories, carbs, sugars, and protein per day. Of course if you log in your exercise it will factor that into your being able to eat more calories per day. Also w/ the amount of exercise it sounds like you are doing you may be loosing fat but not muscle and muscle is denser than fat so it may not appear that you are loosing as much weight. Good luck, don't give up, you will see results. Sharon
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Yes,I track everything i eat! My goal is set at 2060, but i never actually eat that many calories. I dont really weigh my food..how do i know how much baked chicken i need to eat...(Im new at dieting, I might have some stupid questions)

get a food scale and weight everything...

start a strength training regimen..as you are new to this you might want to join gym and get a trainer, if that is not an option you can always get ummm damn it..ladies help me out here what is the lifting book for woman...strong lifts for woman or something like that????

it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to adapt to any change, if you just started a week ago you wont see any significant loss for few weeks..

Where did you come up with 2060 calories from? You need to calculate your TDEE and deduct 25-30% from it...read this thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

good luck ..remember its not a diet its a life style change and it is not a sprint its a marathon...it took me seven years to get to 13% body fat...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    She said she is new at dieting. I think that's part of the problem and the first thing she has to learn. She cant "diet". She needs to eat healthy in proper amounts and do some moderate exercise....forever.
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Her diary was 800 calories a day, i saw it and commented on it above.

Wow! I would be starving if that's all I was eating! I was getting the stink eye for eating 1200 calories per day lol.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so you are most likely losing fat and gaining muscle.

OMG! Don't listen to this. A pound is a pound is a pound! Whether it is bricks, feathers, fat or muscle = a pound. Muscle is leaner than fat so it looks smaller.

http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/yudCd2.jpg

Um, if i said to you a brick weighs more than feathers, are you going to say" OMG YOU;RE SO WRONG!!!! 1lbs of bricks weighs the same as 1lbs of feathers!!!!"

Muscle does weigh more than fat. Being a chemist, I can easily say "lead weighs more than hydrogen" you don't say "1lbs of lead weighs the same as 1lbs of hydrogen."

Following our english language standards, "Muscle does weigh more than fat."

@you being a chemist. Is that the same as you being an amazing hacker because you made some webpages using HTML?

@muscles weighs more than fat: I think you mean Muscle is denser than fat
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes,I track everything i eat! My goal is set at 2060, but i never actually eat that many calories. I dont really weigh my food..how do i know how much baked chicken i need to eat...(Im new at dieting, I might have some stupid questions)

get a food scale and weight everything...

start a strength training regimen..as you are new to this you might want to join gym and get a trainer, if that is not an option you can always get ummm damn it..ladies help me out here what is the lifting book for woman...strong lifts for woman or something like that????

it takes 4-6 weeks for your body to adapt to any change, if you just started a week ago you wont see any significant loss for few weeks..

Where did you come up with 2060 calories from? You need to calculate your TDEE and deduct 25-30% from it...read this thread - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

good luck ..remember its not a diet its a life style change and it is not a sprint its a marathon...it took me seven years to get to 13% body fat...

^^good advice, and - New Rules of Lifting for Women. Stronglifts 5 x 5 or Starting Strength are also good programs.
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can get inexpensive scales at the dollar store sometime, but if not there: walmart, target, etc. You don't have to break your budget to be able to know how much you're eating. Also, a nice set of measuring cups and spoons. Once you have those three things, it makes a huge difference. In the beginning I realized I was SO bad at "eye-balling" my food portions, because when I actually weighed and measured, I was fairly off target. I feel so much more at ease now that I know precisely what's going into my body.