How does it taste??? ON 100% Casein

Options
Hi all

I have previously only ever used whey protein based protein powders (Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein), and have liked vanilla and chocolate flavours.

I want to try making protein fluff and understand that a casein based protein powder is preferable. Lean Gains recommends Optimum Nutrition - does anyone particularly recommend this?

I am particularly interested in the chocolate peanut butter flavour, but have read mixed reviews as to the taste. Some love it, some think it is awful.

All input appreciated!

Replies

• hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Only real way to know is to try it. Call up some of your local nutrition stores and see if they have a sample. I've tried ON Cookies & Cream flavor Casein and thought the taste was good, although it didn't mix the best and contains little clumps.
  • Water1213
    Water1213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It tastes okay. Personally, my favorite for taste is the MusclePharm Combat Powder.
  • helga205
    helga205 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies - have asked an online store for a sample, hopefully will solve my dilemma!
  • DjangoAndDeadlifts
    Options
    On average tastes worse than their Whey counterparts, and mixes absolutely terrible (a blender goes a long way!)

I recommend Cookies and Cream. I definitely do not recommend Chocolate Cake Batter.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    ON 100% casein chocolate is my favorite protein powder for taste.