Help

Options
I don't like water and for fluid I drink diet coke, but I drink loads will that affect my weight loss.
Do u have any ideas .

Replies

• lisahaug9
    Options
    I don't mind drinking water but I do like a little flavor every now and then so in place of the soda I used to drink I switched to sparkling ice, still gives me that bubbly feeling but in a healthy way.......http://www.sparklingice.com/
  • rufflestx
    Options
    The bubbles is exactly what I feel I was missing in drinking plain water. I went to straight water, with ice, with sliced lemon, with a shot of cranberry juice, with oh oh oh oh oh , it just didn't taste good. Then I went to sparkling water. We here in Texas have a large grocery chain and the store brand isn't bad at all. Just water with bubbles, it just hits the spot.
  • tgdillon
    Options
    I don't mind water but I don't like cold water. Wierd I know. My husband doesn't like water either but he has known to drink propel and other flavored water. I so miss my sweet tea.............that was my addiction and everyone once in awhile I still need a fix.:blushing:
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    Diet coke is only 1 calorie per can or something right? So if you stick with the whole thinking of calories in versus caloriess out, it shouldn't make a difference.

I drink diluting juice by the gallon as I don't like plain water either. Of course, I use the low sugar stuff so it's not high in calories!

x
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is a REALLY bad idea for anyone wanting to lose weight because

- AS's spike blood sugar, thus making your body produce insulin, which stores your food as fat on your body

- it's full of disgusting chemicals that we don't yet know the long term effects of

- it perpetuates a sweet tooth, leading to more sugar cravings

- It rots your teeth and guts

- It contains caffeine, which can make your blood-glucose go haywire, make you nervy, and get you addicted

Enough reasons?

It should be a rare treat, NOT an everyday way of hydrating.

Sparkling water is delish, and can be drunk with a dash of lemon - once you give up sugar, this actually tastes like sweet lemonade.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Topic moved from Technical Support to Fitness and Nutrition as this is not a support related inquiry.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • GingerBiscuit_19
    GingerBiscuit_19 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with 366 on this one poppet - diet coke is quite possibly the worst thing you could ever put in your body. If you coukd see the effects that aspartame has on mice in the tiniest doses, you'd never touch it again. It is truly horrific, and how it isnt banned in this country or the US yet is beyond me.

When I fancy something fizzy these days I get a can of what's called Pretox. It hydrates you, is fizzy and fruity, has loads of vitamins and minerals, pretty low cal (if you literally have no more than two a day) and everything in it is natural. No nasty sweetners!

You really should cut down on the amount of aspartame you are consuming. I found out the hard way (this is not a scare tactic I promise!). I did the atkins diet in 2009/10. The atkins diet specifically say that aspartame is not to be consumed when on this diet, but as I wasnt doing it properly ie through a medical professional or a boots programme etc, I didnt know. Having aspartame during a low carb diet (not saying yours is!) puts strain on the heart and it can actually cause heart attacks, clots and kill you. It can cause heart failure and defects, which is exactly what happened to me. Im only 23 years old and now I have a weakened heart, which will be a life long medical issue and it affects me in my every day life. I cant have ANY trace of caffeine anymore, and I dont touch ANY sweetner unless its from the stevia plant.

Not liking water is a difficult one. I now have no bloody choice! Its ok saying have flavoured water, but most of them are flavoured witg dodgy sweetners. So you can't ever win :(