Help with exercise program!

Options
Hey everyone! I need help!! I know this should be simple by now, but its not for me. I have currently to date lost 40 lbs by cutting back on food, not by exercise. BUT now I have kinda came to a halt and have stopped losing and it has put me back into a depression mode of why try? So I am determined to get started on some type of routine to exercise. I have a treadmill (sad I know, that I have this and do not use it on a daily basis). Anyways, my biggest problem is I am a mother to a 4 and 7 year old, work full time and go to school full time as well. When I am home I am exhausted and just can't seem to get the motivation to get up off the couch and be productive other than cleaning and cooking.
So my question is does anyone have any advice as to how I can start gradually getting into the mood to want to exercise? I know I have to be the one who makes the decision to actually WANT to do it, and I am at that point in my life where it isn't just for me anymore it is for my children as well. I want to set a good example and be around for a long time. So are there any suggestions on some type of exercise routine I could start out with? I really want to do some weight lifting of some type to tighten up muscles but am totally clueless when it comes to that as well! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MrsJBro
    MrsJBro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Working with a personal trainer at home sounds like a great idea for your situation. You can just purchase a couple sessions, and have them run through a variety of exercises and cardio routines to help you lose. There are mobile trainers available almost anywhere, and skilled trainers can personalize the routines to your needs and busy schedule.

Otherwise, you need to schedule in time to exercise and literally force yourself to do it. Don't wait to get excited about it, just do it as soon as its time. Yes you may hate it the first few times, but you'll feel that motivation again once you see the weight lose from all your hard work.