Calorie Adjustment per Weightloss

Tamie_Girl
Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Silly question, but as I lose weight wouldn't my Daily Calories change? I lost 5 pounds now and surprised my daily calories aren't a little lower? I am still at 1,480 calories.

Perhaps 5 pounds doesn't cause a change?

Do I have to do anything to my original settings/profile as I lose?

Thanks.

Replies

• Jennie85
    Jennie85 Posts: 41
    i lost 29 lbs so far and my calories didnt change at all ( maybe because i am at the lowest cal. intake already?! )
  • I find when I adjust my goals it adjusts my calories, its strange that it isn't automatic. Go into your goals and re save it, they may change, however if you are already at 1200, it won't move you anyway. :-)
  • What I should have added is that I've seen my calories go from 1270, to 1230 and now down to 1210, and that's after losing 20lbs. I had adjusted my loss to 1.5lb per week and it obviously increased, but then I reverted back to 2lbs and it moved my calories down as above.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    I have had a pop-up each time I hit the 10 more pounds lost category that will automatically change my calories. Maybe you haven't lost enough weight yet, are at the bottom limit, or are still losing so it hasn't changed you yet.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    You have to go in and manually adjust your calories.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Thanks everyone.

I also heard MFP prompts you after 10 pounds.
    :heart:
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Thanks everyone.

I also heard MFP prompts you after 10 pounds.
    :heart:

Yup...that's what happened to me. After 10lbs it asked. I reached another 10 and no adjustment. I think when I pass that, it'll ask again if I want an adjustment.
This discussion has been closed.