Need Some Advice

Options
I started working on my weight loss goals rather recently, but I have been mostly focused on changing my diet. I live a mostly sedentary lifestyle, and I really want to change that but I'm unsure as to where to start. I don't have weights nor can I afford a gym membership at the moment. I have a few workout tapes and I've looked on Youtube, but I'm having a hard time finding a good beginner workout. I would love any advice on starting up a workout routine! Currently I do 50 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 5-10 push ups and a 30sec plank hold.

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already have a really good start. A lot of people here like Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, which you can find on YouTube. Some other things you can do for free include going for regular walks, C25K (a program for people who want to take up running), bodyweight exercises (there are books on that), etc.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight workouts are your friend here, they are fantastic as they require no equipment. Things like squats, lunges, push ups, pull ups, burpees/baby burpees, squat jumps, hopscotch.

I'd advise looking up the correct form for the exercises above, and set yourself a circuit made up of 24 reps (8x3) of each one. Vary the selection of exercises day to day so you don't get bored.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Old Bodyrock vids when Zuzana was the host.
    Bodyrock.tv