progress pics

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
ok so I am almost half way to my goal weight. when I get there I may even want to re-evaluate it and go lower but I gotta go in baby steps or I will set up myself for failure. I started this journey around September 2009. slowly I have lost 14lbs and I have had many ups and downs but atleast I can say I have changed my eating habits a lot and I have gone from never exercising to doing it atleast 4 - 5x a week.

my grad pic was my heaviest in May 2009 @ 194lbs :noway: when I looked at the pictures that were supposed to be the happiest and proudest day of my life I was so disappointed in myself for letting my weight escalate.
the recent pic is me last weekend @ 176 - I would have never imagined I would have the confidence to wear something so close to my body but I think I pulled it off and even tho I felt a little self conscious a lot of ppl did notice my weight loss. and hey so did I and that's what's most important.

hope this works cuz I have never posted pics before :blushing:

before
n45707511_31989142_7288626.jpg

after
24406_568027741148_45707511_32883474_487155_n.jpg

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Look at how beautiful you are! Just gorgeous! You look great.

Where are you from? Are you Indian? Have I asked you this before? :laugh:
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    You look FABULOUS!!! Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look very happy now! And I can't believe how much your weight loss shows. I also, have lost 14lbs. Of course, I have a long long way to go, as I needed to loose 97lbs total. 83lbs to GO!! Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! Second... you can so see your weight loss...especially in your face (can't tell much with yoru grad gown on) :smile: And you're outfit last weekend looked amazing! Work it, girl!!! And Congrats!! :drinker:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Nice! I just love these "before " and "current" pix! You look fabuloso! You look like you could be at your goal weight!! Bow-chica-wow-wow!:bigsmile:
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS, you look FANTASTIC!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly YOU LOOK AWESOME!
    Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • LRogers2
    LRogers2 Posts: 15
    Options
    You should be very proud today... you look amazing. Keep up the great work.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnx ladies! :flowerforyou:
    @ lina - I'm not indian lol altho I do get asked that a lot even by real indians. I'm 100% latina lol
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look great. Good Job!!:wink:
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    With both the weightloss and confidence you look wonderful!!!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on tehe weight loss and even more congratulations on changing your eating habits when living in Louisiana!! I'm from there and could have NEVER given up some of those foods.
    Now that I'm living in CO, I'm forced to give them up since good food doesnt exist here. :sad:
  • erika71
    erika71 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look amazing! You truly are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress! You look amazing! =:)
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous. 14lbs sure makes a difference. You're so beautiful.
  • nolachick
    Options
    @pavang82 thnx that means a lot to me, I kept feeling like I could not see any change so hearing ppl say it, makes me realize that hey it is a positive difference and I should be proud of myself.

@kristen81 - you're right it's so hard to eat right here with fried everything and cajun food and all. luckily I moved here a few yrs ago so I dunno half of the food thats available here lol.

@racefan - thnx girl. I am more confident now. there was a time where I would run away from the camera and not want to be fotographed especially after seeing my grad pics. but I'm getting back to the old me :smile:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You look great, and the outfit is lovely! You look amazing in it!

Erika x
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go home so I can actually see the pictures!!! YAY!!! So excited for you!!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look like a freakin model !!! Keep it up girl, you ROCK!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Gosh your gourgeous!

Either way I tihnk you looked fantastic keep up the great work! (one latina to another:wink::laugh: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!