Apple and Peanut Butter

Options
ZebraHead
ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
Everyone knows this but me I'm sure: I recently found when I started this 'new me' journey that apples and peanut butter go great together. I like Fuji apples and I like Jif. On my limited daily calories I find them refreshing, and very low in calories with good stuff for you. (Just one tablespoon of PB :smile: )
I guess it reminds me of the Caramel apples from when I was a kid.

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    This is easily one of my favorite treats! I LOVE granny smith apples with natural jif peanut butter... and if you want to make it extra yummy... microwave the peanut butter to make it melty.... yummmmmm!
  • semperfiwife
    Options
    I just had Fuji and Jif this morning! :)
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    That does sound good! I might have to have another helping today and try that 'melty' thing.

Thx
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Apples & PB are AWESOME! Have you tried apples & cheese? Equally awesome! If you want something super decadent-- apples & nutella, or just straight up apples & dark chocolate
  • jdramage
    jdramage Posts: 37
    Options
    This is easily one of my favorite treats! I LOVE granny smith apples with natural jif peanut butter... and if you want to make it extra yummy... microwave the peanut butter to make it melty.... yummmmmm!

I was just going to say that this is my favorite combo! I like the tartness of the granny smith apples. I've been eating this snack since I was a kid and I often get weird looks from people... Glad to hear others enjoy it as well.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    An apple a day! I like crunchy apples like Gala or Fuji with Laura Scudders Old Fashioned PB... the one you have to stir...but it is so worth it. Also love almond butter on my apples. The other fruit that is yummy with pb....bananas.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This has always been one of my favorite snacks! I like gala apples! They're perfect :)
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I never thought to microwave it -- so trying that out tonight :)
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter can do no wrong in my book.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You should try a natural peanut butter (a kind with these ingredients: peanuts, salt)! It's SO much better for you. And once you adjust to it (you gotta get over the initial shock of it not containing added sugar), you'll realize it's SO MUCH MORE AWESOME than anything like Jif or Skippy or Peter Pan. I nearly shudder at the thought of eating those now! :laugh: I'm serious. Just try it, and give it the entire jar to get used to it. It's awesome.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    love it with gala apples and smooth peanut butter. Or bananas and smooth peanut butter.

I really don't like the crunch peanut butter.

:flowerforyou: jewel
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    There is a natural jif that is peanuts and salt... it's awesome! Another good thing about melting it... you can use less because it spreads... I got the idea because we used to make grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was a kid. This is so much better!
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've always liked celery and peanut butter.
    How do you eat apples and pb... do you cut the apples into wedges and dip or spread it on with a knife?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    There is a natural jif that is peanuts and salt... it's awesome! Another good thing about melting it... you can use less because it spreads... I got the idea because we used to make grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I was a kid. This is so much better!

The "natural" jif contains more than just peanuts and salt. But it is what I used 6 months ago to transition myself!
    Natural Jif Ingredients (copied & pasted per jif website):
    Ingredients
    MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS, SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: PALM OIL, SALT, MOLASSES.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    I cut the apple into wedges and chase the PB around the plate with it. :happy:
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I love a tart apple with almond butter that has flax seed in it. Yummy. Great complex carb and protein combo
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm... its almost guaranteed that at 3pm I have a Golden Delicious apple cut into slices with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. such a GREAT snack to keep me going and push through the afternoon slump. Yummm!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    try it on your salad (lettuce, apple chunks, melted peanut butter thinned with water, anything else you want to add). i had it for breakfast yesterday and it was delish!
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The best: Pink Lady apple slices with Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter! Yum-O! It's so hard to stick to 1tablespoon though....
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Gala and Fiji apples w/Jiffy PB (1 TB) are my favorite evening/after dinner snack! I've never done melted PB before on apples, but I put PB on my toasted english muffins so it melts and that tastes awesome! Will have to try it on an apple tonight :bigsmile: