Any Suggestions please.....

Options
I've seem to hit a plateau and can't break it. I've started to eat cereal for breakfast, and watch what I have for suppers. I have no ideal what to pack for lunches - something I hate to do. I've started to walk 1 mile, 4 times a week. When the weather gets warmer (I live in PA) I plan to do more walking. But my weight just isn't moving. I've lost about 25 pounds so far. My next goal is 12 pounds, and I wanted that off by Easter (but that isn't going to happen). Any suggestions? Thanks so much

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    If you'd open your diary, we could give you more useful/specific suggestions. Until we can see what you're eating, it's hard to give advice on what to change. But one thing I'd recommend is that you start adding strength training into your exercise routine, if walking is all you're doing so far.

ETA: If you don't have any equipment for strength training, you can find lots of threads in the forums or videos on youtube with information on body weight exercises, like these: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • bcovely
    bcovely Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. And I opened my diary.....:smile:
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    based on your diary, just some suggestions: Try avoiding fast food. Keep a watch on your fat intake. For protein, try leaner cuts. Add more vegetables. String cheese (mozzarella) and natural almonds make a great breakfast or morning snack, and sometimes I have fruit with it as well. I'm not sure how healthy Trix cereal is compared to the other options out there. I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It has fiber and protein with complex carbs to get my day going. Definitely some strength training or different cardio. At what pace are you walking? I would try for at least 3mph or more (meaning you can do the mile in 20 minutes)
  • bcovely
    bcovely Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i'm eating Trix right now because my daughter picked it - doesn't eat it and I don't want to thru it out. String cheese....never thought of that. Thanks for the help. And yes, I do the mile in 20 mins.