New to this.. getting married in 6.5 months!

Options
So.... I am trying to fit into my wedding dress. I bought it a size too small because I saw it online for an absolutely awesome deal and couldn't pass it up! I figured it would give me motivation to work out and lose the weight I've gained since I've become a bit sedentary since we moved to a new state.
I once had extreme motivation and lost 15 lbs, but gained a lot of muscle so I dropped about 3 clothing sizes. Now I have gained back almost two of those sizes and it's just not working anymore. =:)

I've been having a difficult time motivating.. and getting started. I've renewed my subscriptions to two magazines which helped motivate me last time I had success and I hope they have the same effect this time! :happy: I really hope this site and the community will help!

Here's to fitting into that dress!!

Replies

• GreenieBean
    Options
    Good luck to you! This site is great. I love weddings :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Keep the motivation strong. You should be able to do this. Loosing one dress size in 6 months you can do this.

Look at your dress, think of that awesome day approaching and try and get you butt back into gear lol.

I rememeber when I was getting married. I worked my but off. You can do it.

The fact your already bought the dress, should be motivation enough lol.

Just start watching what you eat, logging daily and working out very hard and in 6 mths you will look amazing

Keep it strong
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good luck...I did the same thing almost 5 years ago when I got married. It worked great and I was still doing wonderful on my weight loss journey after I got married, that is until I was pregnant a month after the wedding!!! Even though I was 6 sizes bigger than I am today, I still felt and looked beautiful in my dress and knowing how hard I had worked to fit into the dress made it even better!
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.. I hope I can do it! The way my dress is cut means I have to lose some of the bust too.. darn :sad: haha
    p.s. My bad... wedding in 5.5 months'ish.. I was counting March and March is almost overrrr!