ok question...

GiGi76
GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been following my diet and working out for 11days now, i've only lost 1lb but my body fat % is down 2.5!!! Does this mean im gaining muscle and losing fat and that's why im not seeing a big weight loss??? I know muscle weighs more than fat so.... i felt bad when i saw i still hadnt lost any weight but when i saw that my body fat % was down alomost 3% i felt better!!! I also gained like 1.5% on my water!!! Im just wondering if i thinking correctly!!!

Replies

• This is the cgange you want. good job! When you gain muscle it burns fat quicker, so you will lose weight also (just not at first)
  • you are correct, you are losing fat, gaining muscle but also retaining more water which is why you arent seeing a drop in weight. Which is great and healthy. Its a good thing that you are measuring body fat % because a lot of people in your case would go crazy at not losing the weight. Sometimes also you need to look at inches not pounds. Great work and keep it up!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    yes i measure my inches too and i've lost about an inch over my mid-section and a little in my thighs too!! Thanks!!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    You are exactly correct. If you look at my fitness goals, I want to maintain my current weight while lowering BFP. I am current;y losing weight because the wife and I can't go to the gym quite yet (baby has to be 6 months old to go in the Kids Club at 24-Hour), but once we start weight-training my weight will go back up.
This discussion has been closed.