Eating Lean?

xdudeitsliz
xdudeitsliz Posts: 38
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What is your ideal of eating lean? I would like some other opinions on this. I don't like seafood so I would like some new ideas for eating leaner and better. I do eat fairly well except for my ice cream binges [skinny cow...mmmmm.. girl can't live without her ice cream!!]

thanks for the response in advance:)

Replies

• xlimitx
    xlimitx Posts: 4
    I heard that lean meats do wonders, today I am having turkey meatloaf, and we all know how chicken is lean for you too. There is some lean pork out there too as well as beef, you just have to look at packages. Other then that, that's what lean is to me lol I just eat lean meats when I can. I remember a while ago i googled 'lean food' and a whole bunch of stuff came up, maybe that would help..idk
  • I eat oatmeals, fruit smoothies, eggs, turkey sandwiches, thin bagels, applesauce, low fat crackers.... I have a huge sweet tooth (i also love skinny cow) so i try to satisfy it by using fruit and flavored oatmeal
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Chicken is my absolute favorite. You can do anything with chicken. I use my George Foreman grill to grill chicken when I'm really having a lean protein fit. A little bit of fresh lemon juice and some pepper makes for some pretty tasty and healthy meat.
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    The key to eating healthy is eating foods with only one ingredient. (and cut the fat off of your meats)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Chicken and turkey breasts. Pork tenderloin is a great addition! Just trim off the silver tendon. You can make pork fingers, which are very similar to chicken ones if you need some variety. And I'll do some lean beef - I buy a cut of meat and will trim the fat off then grind it myself to make burgers. Also, Waygu (the American version of Kobe) beef is supposed to have lower saturated fats than the typical American beef.
This discussion has been closed.