Your Goal-Gift to yourself

Options
What is that one thing you're going to do for yourself, once you've reached your final goal?

I realized today that I know what mine is... I'm going to get hair extensions. I've always wanted long hair, and mine just doesn't grow long. It grows quickly, but then the waves turn into curls, and it pulls up, so it never goes down my back. I'd like waist-length hair just ONCE in my life. So that's what I'm going to do. I have a fabulous stylist, and she'll do it for me at a really good price.

I also decided that, for Hallowe'en in the year that I lose all the weight, I'm going to dress up as a geisha (full attire), get my stylist to do my hair into the traditional hair-do, and I'm going to go out and party. I avoid parties because I am uncomfortable in crowds, but I think that may be weight-related. So I'm going to do that. :)

What about you? What's your ultimate goal gift?

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I haven't really planned to reward myself yet. I'm sure I will.... I'm really posting to see if you want to switch hair. ;) I looooove curly hair, and mine is sooo long and boring and straight right now. Much longer than my photo.
  • erika71
    erika71 Posts: 2
    Options
    @Dawn...sounds like something I would do! LOL! I cant wait to hear his reaction!:smile:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I haven't really planned to reward myself yet. I'm sure I will.... I'm really posting to see if you want to switch hair. ;) I looooove curly hair, and mine is sooo long and boring and straight right now. Much longer than my photo.

My hair is weird. Some days, I get a half-hearted wave, whereas some days, I get pretty curls (yesterday was a curl day). But it has to be JUST the right length, to do the curls. It's really volumous... voluminous? Big. Yeah. That. I've spent years ironing, curling, and colouring it, so now I'm using Aveeno shampoo and conditioner, and it's making a WORLD of difference.. softer, and the curl is better. Haven't touched a blow-drier or iron since Christmas.
  • jermee
    jermee Posts: 15
    Options
    Tattoo for me. I plan on getting a half sleeve. Now to design it.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    i'm going to wear something cute and flaunt around my ex who is constantly calling me fat! :-)

I once heard the phrase, "the best revenge is living well".

I buy that. Totally.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Tattoo for me. I plan on getting a half sleeve. Now to design it.

Very cool. I have a couple tattoos I'd like to get. I'd LOVE to get a hip-covering geisha, with full regalia and colours... at my current weight, that would cover a HELL of a lot of real estate... so when I'm all slimmed down, I think I may do it. Cheaper then, too... and easier to tattoo on firmer skin. I'm squishy right now.
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cute sexy dress from Victoria Secret! ...to wear on my husband's birthday! I've been saying "IMA...." for years - This year IMA show him! lol
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Cute sexy dress from Victoria Secret! ...to wear on my husband's birthday! I've been saying "IMA...." for years - This year IMA show him! lol

Right on!
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give myself a nice pat on the back!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My final goal reward is a pedicure (because I want a GOOD one, I know they're pricey, I've never had one, and it will be summer so I'll need one!!) edit - haha, actually it isn't. It's a tattoo! I just keep putting it off because of the money & I know if I feel I've done something GOOD to "deserve it", I'll actually spend the money. :happy:

But ultimately... of course I'm going to buy a ton of cute clothes, bikinis (i broke 2 last year :sad:) and I want to go to the beach. I live in north TX and have never been to a beach in my adult life - well, really at all... I saw the shores of the Hudson River when I was 3 which everyone says doesn't count and I agree.

I want to show off my BODY! :)
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I'm going to give myself a nice pat on the back!

And I'm sure a lot of other people will too!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    When I reached my goal I started buying a new wardrobe, complete with new underwear. After loosing 44 lbs nothing in my closet fits.

Some of your goals sound more interesting than mine.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    My final goal reward is a pedicure (because I want a GOOD one, I know they're pricey, I've never had one, and it will be summer so I'll need one!!)

But ultimately... of course I'm going to buy a ton of cute clothes, bikinis (i broke 2 last year :sad:) and I want to go to the beach. I live in north TX and have never been to a beach in my adult life - well, really at all... I saw the shores of the Hudson River when I was 3 which everyone says doesn't count and I agree.

I still don't know if I'll ever be able to wear a bikini, but I know I'll feel a lot BETTER in my clothes.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    When I reached my goal I started buying a new wardrobe, complete with new underwear. After loosing 44 lbs nothing in my closet fits.

Some of your goals sound more interesting than mine.

*grinning* Congrats on reaching your goal!!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My final goal reward is a pedicure (because I want a GOOD one, I know they're pricey, I've never had one, and it will be summer so I'll need one!!) edit - haha, actually it isn't. It's a tattoo! I just keep putting it off because of the money & I know if I feel I've done something GOOD to "deserve it", I'll actually spend the money. :happy:

Arrielle,,

Ain't nothing wrong with a pedi.... kinda just worked out that I "almost" (.3 off of 10) got to my first mini goal the same day my tax return came in or I would not be getting one today myself.

I am actually lookin at a tattoo of the chinese symbol for righteousness on my left bicep once I get to my goal. Kinda want to have the rock hard gun to put it on to, as well, but if it is a little flabby, I won't complain either!!
  • VictorianJade
    Options

Arrielle,,

Ain't nothing wrong with a pedi.... kinda just worked out that I "almost" (.3 off of 10) got to my first mini goal the same day my tax return came in or I would not be getting one today myself.

I am actually lookin at a tattoo of the chinese symbol for righteousness on my left bicep once I get to my goal. Kinda want to have the rock hard gun to put it on to, as well, but if it is a little flabby, I won't complain either!!

One of my tattoos will be the greek word for Freedom.

Freedom from my self-imposed cage.
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    I had always thought, my final goal was my gift to me. Guess that's kind of silly. :blushing:
  • Krickette_16
    Options
    When I got to goal, I got a tattoo of a butterfly with tribal markings and the word "FLY" underneath it. The butterfly represents my transformation (caterpillar to butterfly) and the acronym for the word fly is "Finally Loving Yourself", which was how I finally felt about myself. Since reaching goal, I've put back on about 15 lbs and am working again towards getting back to goal, but even though I've gained weight, I've realized that I always have to love myself first.

I am now in the process of designing another tattoo, which I plan on getting when I get back to my goal weight. It seems to be true.....tattoos seem to be addicting. lol
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I had always thought, my final goal was my gift to me. Guess that's kind of silly. :blushing:

Not silly at all. Not at all!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    When I got to goal, I got a tattoo of a butterfly with tribal markings and the word "FLY" underneath it. The butterfly represents my transformation (caterpillar to butterfly) and the acronym for the word fly is "Finally Loving Yourself", which was how I finally felt about myself. Since reaching goal, I've put back on about 15 lbs and am working again towards getting back to goal, but even though I've gained weight, I've realized that I always have to love myself first.

I am now in the process of designing another tattoo, which I plan on getting when I get back to my goal weight. It seems to be true.....tattoos seem to be addicting. lol

ohh yes. I remember after my first tattoo (lower back), which was quite painful, it took five minutes until I wanted another one.