The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater

Options
PapaverSomniferum
PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
http://www.nwedible.com/2012/08/tragedy-healthy-eater.html
I know you. We have a lot in common. You have been doing some reading and now you are pretty sure everything in the grocery store and your kitchen cupboards is going to kill you.

Before Your Healthy Eating Internet Education:
I eat pretty healthy. Check it out: whole grain crackers, veggie patties, prawns, broccoli. I am actually pretty into clean eating.

After Your Healthy Eating Internet Education:
Those crackers – gluten, baby. Gluten is toxic to your intestinal health, I read it on a forum. They should call those crackers Leaky Gut Crisps, that would be more accurate. That veggie burger in the freezer? GMO soy. Basically that’s a Monsanto patty. Did you know soybean oil is an insecticide? And those prawns are fish farmed in Vietnamese sewage pools. I didn’t know about the sewage fish farming when I bought them, though, really I didn’t!

The broccoli, though..that’s ok. I can eat that. Eating that doesn’t make me a terrible person, unless….oh, ****! That broccoli isn’t organic. That means it’s covered with endocrine disrupting pesticides that will make my son sprout breasts. As if adolescence isn’t awkward enough.

And who pre-cut this broccoli like that? I bet it was some poor Mexican person not making a living wage and being treated as a cog in an industrial broccoli cutting warehouse. So I’m basically supporting slavery if I eat this pre-cut broccoli. Oh my God, it’s in a plastic bag too. Which means I am personally responsible for the death of countless endangered seabirds right now.

I hate myself.

Well, ****.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yep! That sounds about right. :laugh:
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sooo basically....if I didn't grow it myself, I'm pretty sure I should feel guilty eating it. :-)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just another day at MFP.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I so didn't need this pressure!!!!

:wink:
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    This is why I will continue to eat crap.

Note to mods and anyone thinking of reporting me: This is a joke.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This is why I will continue to eat crap.

Note to mods and anyone thinking of reporting me: This is a joke.

I should hope no one here reports you, even if it wasn't a joke... But there are a lot of stupid people.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Everyday on these boards you see people who want to cut out this and that. No soda, no diet soda, no artificial sugar, no bread, no carbs, no meat, no processed foods.. I've seen people say if it's made by man don't touch it.

I ain't looking to be a farmer, just get in shape. Luckily you don't need to cut out anything to do that.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Everyday on these boards you see people who want to cut out this and that. No soda, no diet soda, no artificial sugar, no bread, no carbs, no meat, no processed foods.. I've seen people say if it's made by man don't touch it.

I ain't looking to be a farmer, just get in shape. Luckily you don't need to cut out anything to do that.

Except cigarettes and subway! That stuff will stall weight loss!!!
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Picture of health over here, Jack. Picture of health
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Health is not what I'm thinking when I see that picture....

nope...i'm just thinking I'm gonna wreck that thing....
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    this is marvelous! If only the guilt over food choices was fat burning...
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    screenshot20130207at110.png
  • BrettPGH
    Options

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    http://www.nwedible.com/2012/08/tragedy-healthy-eater.html
    I know you. We have a lot in common. You have been doing some reading and now you are pretty sure everything in the grocery store and your kitchen cupboards is going to kill you.

Before Your Healthy Eating Internet Education:
    I eat pretty healthy. Check it out: whole grain crackers, veggie patties, prawns, broccoli. I am actually pretty into clean eating.

After Your Healthy Eating Internet Education:
    Those crackers – gluten, baby. Gluten is toxic to your intestinal health, I read it on a forum. They should call those crackers Leaky Gut Crisps, that would be more accurate. That veggie burger in the freezer? GMO soy. Basically that’s a Monsanto patty. Did you know soybean oil is an insecticide? And those prawns are fish farmed in Vietnamese sewage pools. I didn’t know about the sewage fish farming when I bought them, though, really I didn’t!

The broccoli, though..that’s ok. I can eat that. Eating that doesn’t make me a terrible person, unless….oh, ****! That broccoli isn’t organic. That means it’s covered with endocrine disrupting pesticides that will make my son sprout breasts. As if adolescence isn’t awkward enough.

And who pre-cut this broccoli like that? I bet it was some poor Mexican person not making a living wage and being treated as a cog in an industrial broccoli cutting warehouse. So I’m basically supporting slavery if I eat this pre-cut broccoli. Oh my God, it’s in a plastic bag too. Which means I am personally responsible for the death of countless endangered seabirds right now.

I hate myself.

Well, ****.

*laughing helplessly in chagrin* Yep, sounds about right.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Not fair!!! Brett gets all the pretty ladies!!!:explode:
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Organic - hmmmm. So, what happens to the farmer who has an organic farm and right next to him is a farmer that doesn't. It rains, it pours and then the pesticides used on the nonorganic farm get soaked into the soil and run thru the organic farm plants that are sucking it up and then the organic farmer sells his crop, for more money I might add, and it has pesticides in it. WHAT???? There is no such thing as organic unless it is being grown in dirt untouched by any other.....:noway:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Not fair!!! Brett gets all the pretty ladies!!!:explode:

Oh esclo, you know I would wreck you too.....

we did cover the part where I'm easy....right?
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Organic - hmmmm. So, what happens to the farmer who has an organic farm and right next to him is a farmer that doesn't. It rains, it pours and then the pesticides used on the nonorganic farm get soaked into the soil and run thru the organic farm plants that are sucking it up and then the organic farmer sells his crop, for more money I might add, and it has pesticides in it. WHAT???? There is no such thing as organic unless it is being grown in dirt untouched by any other.....:noway:

Target Acquired. Trolls, engage.