weight loss + time

Options
So overall i want to lose 4 and a half stone, i started my lifestyle change in January, i have already lost half a stone. in the next 6 to 7 months or so i want to lose the rest of it or much as i can? is this healthy and possible? i do 3 20 mins work outs each day for 5 days a week and eat around 1200 net calories?

Anyone lost or trying to lose that much weight how long has it taken you :)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Ugh why do you silly Brits insist on weighing yourself in stones? Lol OK so you want to lose 63lbs total and you've already lost 7lbs. So 56lbs to go with a target of 6-7 months, that averages out to about 2lbs/week. It's possible, but don't get discouraged if it takes a little bit longer. You'll at least be most of the way there in 6-7 months.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Unlikely that you will be able to sustain 2 pounds a week for the entire weight loss. As you get closer to your goal, it comes off a lot slower. That said, if you look through the success story board, you will see people that have lost a significant amount of weight in a year. Also, I thought you were considering that 1200 might be too low of a calorie goal. If you do stay at 1200, make sure you are eating your exercise calories.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Ugh why do you silly Brits insist on weighing yourself in stones? Lol OK so you want to lose 63lbs total and you've already lost 7lbs. So 56lbs to go with a target of 6-7 months, that averages out to about 2lbs/week. It's possible, but don't get discouraged if it takes a little bit longer. You'll at least be most of the way there in 6-7 months.

Ha its the way its always been :)@desksgrl i decided that am just gonna eat my exercise calories, as everyone kept telling me different things and i just got confused so i decided am just going to eat my exercise calories :)
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I started out wanting to lose 4 1/2 stone but as time has gone on I go more on my inches/clothes size. I also wanted to hit my goal within 6 months. But on March 1st it will be my one year anniversary of the start of my journey.
    I'm more than happy with the amount that I've lost so far and when I look back I can't believe how much I've learnt in the that time. The way I see it is I didn't gain 4 1/2 stone in 6 months so why would I want/be able to lose it in that time? I spent 2 weeks doing Weight Watchers and eating 1200 calories, before I realised this and was just miserable.
    Personally I'd rather be lose the weight across a longer length of time and be happy and comfortable in the amount that I eat than drop a tonne of weight fast (and have the possibility of having lose skin) and be headachey grumpy and all round miserable for 6 months.
    Like you said its a lifestyle change not a diet. Don't do anything that you can't/wouldn't want to continue for the rest of your life :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    @desksgrl i decided that am just gonna eat my exercise calories, as everyone kept telling me different things and i just got confused so i decided am just going to eat my exercise calories :)

Sounds like a plan. Don't be afraid to bump it up a little bit especially if you reach a plateau after awhile.

@Lottie, love your ticker, that is hysterical!
  • beckieboomoo
    Options
    Good advice, i think im just wanting to lose my weight before i get to university in September but i don't mind how long it takes just as long as its gone :)
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with justsomerando on the whole British vocabulary, I was thinking the same thing. :smile: Your goal is possible but as others have said don't get dicouraged if you hit a plateau along the way. Make sure that you take the time to monitor your workouts and change them up. You body will get used to the same workout over and over. As you get stronger also realize that if you are building muscle your weight will not go down as fast, or could go up sligthly as muscle weights more than fat. Keep logging foods and working out but don't just stare at the scale, look in the mirror and see how you look and feel. That is a better measure of fitness than a simple number on a scale.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Good advice, i think im just wanting to lose my weight before i get to university in September but i don't mind how long it takes just as long as its gone :)

Yeah...don't focus a lot on the time frame...it's good to have a flexible time frame, but people really get frustrated when it has to be xxx Lbs by such and such a date. This stuff takes time and is in no way linear. There will be plateaus along the way when you'll need to up your calories a bit for a week or two to bust through them...stuff like that. Also, as has been stated, the closer you get to your goal weight the slower you should go. As your BF% decreases, you body starts targeting more lean body mass when you're at a large calorie deficit. Once you get around 20 Lbs to go, dial it back to 1Lb per week...once you're within 10 Lbs, dial it back to .5 Lbs per week to help you preserve your lean body mass (i.e. muscle)...otherwise, you will still lose weight, but most of it will be your muscle, not your fat.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of frustration, because maybe half the weight you want to lose comes off easily, but then the rate really starts to slow down... Just keep being smart about things, and whether or not you hit your goal in September, you'll still have made absolutely awesome progress by then

Also, the closer you get to a healthy weight/body fat %, the less relevant the scale is. You'll see people around here who maintain their weight while still losing inches... if you're smaller and more fit, who cares what the scale says? Anyway, the people who drop the weight abnormally fast tend to be the ones that gain it back, in my opinion. If it takes you extra months, but you're more likely to keep it off... I think that's the better route. Take care! :)
  • beckieboomoo
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • mariamores1973
    Options
    Try to do the Raw Vegan Power + exercise = result to a strong ,lean healthy body.

Maria