Binging on PROTEIN BARS!!

Options
I have been happily maintaining a 75 lb. loss for over 2.5 years. But - OMG - one of my major problems is the delicious protein bars that have been a mainstay for lunch all along.

I'm on my way to the supermarket to return the boxes I have on hand and will NOT allow my flavors (husband can have his) in the house. This has taken a long time to make myself do and I'm embarrassed and unhappy (I will sooo miss them). I admit defeat though.

Does anyone else have problems with protein bars?

Replies

• kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I try not to have them on hand because I'll reach for them before "real" food, LOL. But they come in handy when I have time constraints or hiking/skiing.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I try not to have them on hand because I'll reach for them before "real" food, LOL. But they come in handy when I have time constraints or hiking/skiing.

This :(
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about protein bars. What's the problem with 'em? (Please educate me! Thanks:)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have been happily maintaining a 75 lb. loss for over 2.5 years. But - OMG - one of my major problems is the delicious protein bars that have been a mainstay for lunch all along.

I'm on my way to the supermarket to return the boxes I have on hand and will NOT allow my flavors (husband can have his) in the house. This has taken a long time to make myself do and I'm embarrassed and unhappy (I will sooo miss them). I admit defeat though.

I guess I don't understand why protein bars are bad...
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Crazy!! I've never tried a protein bar... I like my foods whole. But I must say, good for you! If you know it's a dangerous item to have around.. Don't have them around.

Congrats on your loss and good job evacuating the protein bars!! More success to come from you :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem with them, honestly. My wife and I have been known to (between the two of us) go through about 120 Quest bars within a month.

Protein bar vs. 'real food' isn't really a problem, so long as the bars aren't making you go over on anything. We only eat meat for the most part anyway, so I'd be needing my Animal Pak multivitamin with or without the protein bars. ;)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I guess I don't understand why protein bars are bad...

They aren't bad, per se, but it is much easier to eat 400+ calories in a single mindless sitting with protein bars than if you are eating real foods.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem with them, honestly. My wife and I have been known to (between the two of us) go through about 120 Quest bars within a month.

Protein bar vs. 'real food' isn't really a problem, so long as the bars aren't making you go over on anything. We only eat meat for the most part anyway, so I'd be needing my Animal Pak multivitamin with or without the protein bars. ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. I strive to eat foods that are unprocessed so I have control over the quality of ingredients. Your food is real, so is mine, LOL!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options

This is why I haven't bought CLIF bars in a while. I love them and if I have a box in the house, I have a really hard time eating only one.
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yes, i can not have them in the house anymore.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Same here, they are like my new "candy bars"!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yes me! I LOVE them, and unfortunately they're usually not that great so I stopped buying them.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I still eat them, but i definitely have to be careful when I do.. I LOVE the Power Crunch bars because they basically taste like dessert. Thus, lately Ive been eating them like dessert :-)
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try Quest Bars from GNC. Godsend.