Has anyone ever gotten married in Vegas?

Options
AshleyTaylor2017
AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
My boyfriend and I of 9 1/2 years are going to vegas in April and we are talking about getting married while we are there. Neither of us want a big wedding. But my question is if we decide to tie the knot...where is a good place to do it!! We aren't wanting to spend a ton of money, but I don't want to be married by Elvis either. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have not but have been to 2 weddings there. You have soooooo many options. I went to one at Treasure Island and one at a small chapel next to the Riviera. They were short but sweet. I know it can be done for cheap without being cheesy, just do some research. There are really TONS of choices.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's sister had a very classy wedding at a hotel in Vegas. It was tiny--just immediate family members. I wasn't there because I had only just started dating him, but I've seen pictures and it was lovely. I can't remember the hotel, but I can ask. Basically, the hotel did everything for them. There was just a small ceremony and then they had dinner in a private room afterward.
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    I live in Vegas and was married at the little chapel of the west on the strip Idonot recomend it .. they rushed us in and out and it was swealtering hot no ac ,but a Special Momments wedding chapel is very nice .. but the best place I think is in one of the hotels they have one at the tropicanna I think it's outdoors and it is very pretty.. but we did have a very nice reception at Carluccios Tivoli Gardens in their piano room.. they have excellent food and for a party of 35 plus kids it cost us only about 450 for the food and we also had a dj that we boooked who came and that was like 175 I think so our total reception was just under 600 bucks..
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    Not i...but i just know what happens in Vegas....stays in Vegas......ok..corney i know....good luck!
  • kasia31
    kasia31 Posts: 5
    Options
    I did it 6 years ago. We got married in Little White Chapel. It was fun but don't buy flowers there, two white roses cost me 65$. We took the limo it's for free but you have to tip the driver and we went to Paris Hotel restaurant for dinner. I think you going to have lots of FUN and have a great memories. I almost forgot make sure to go to the city hall day before the wedding with your driver license to fill up the papers. Good Luck!!! 720651.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I love, love, love the people at the Graceland Wedding Chapel. They are so nice, and the interior is really quite lovely. I know you said you didn't want Elvis, so you might call to see if the Elvis outfit is optional. The gazebo outside is great for taking pictures. As I recall, the name of the Elvis/owner is Brendon Paul (or at least it was two years ago). He was great! Really nice, good looking guy, helpful staff... I loved them.

I didn't get married there, we filmed it for a movie. It's quite a popular place, Jon Bon Jovi was married there. If you look at pictures you'll probably recognize it.

http://www.gracelandchapel.com/
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Just about every hotel in Vegas has a chapel. Most of them are pretty pricey but you can find some good deals if you do the work. You might start by talking to the hotel you are staying at. You could see if they provide a discount for guests of the hotel. My fried was married in Vegas earlier this year, I don't remember which hotel, but I do know that she was given a discount because she was staying at that hotel as well.

I do know that there are SO many beautiful places to take pictures on the strip that you don't have to pay to get into :o) My friend didn't want to pay for a lot of pictures so we went to the botanic gardens at the Bellagio and took a lot of pictures there. We also went to the Lake of Dream in the Wynn and got some beautiful pictures there as well. That was a bit more difficult (finding a place to take the pictures) but totally worth it! :o)

Whatever you do, have fun!! :o) And Congratulations!
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    I got married in vegas this past july..the absolute best place to get married that is not all tacky and cheesy is the little chapel of the flowers..this place was so pretty!! it was def a wonderful experience there and i am ssssooooo glad we picked it! esp after I saw all of the cheesy *kitten* dinky dumpy chapels there!! it wasnt terribly expensive either.. the reason why i picked the little chapel of the flowers was because last may i saw a commercial on tlc for a new show called happily ever faster...it was in vegas at this chapel.. I thought it must be a decent place if it gets its own tv show.. so anyway 100% happy customer here!! good luck!! :wink:
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    check out the website littlechapel.com
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's sister got married at The Wynn hotel. It is a pretty fancy hotel, so it wouldn't be the least expensive place to get married, but with a small enough group it might not be too bad (at least compared to most traditional giant weddings!).