Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anybody else had a 'messed up period' since joining MFP?

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I'm really curious and need some answers. To see if it's just me or if it's happened to other people. I'm nineteen and been doing MFP for about a month now and doing between 1200-1500 calories per a day with light workouts.

But today, is day twelve of my period.. which is unusual for me as I've got a condition called polymeorrhea (where your periods are less then 21 days apart). Plus my periods are normally 3-5 days long and I'd say 7 is a maximum but thats rare. I'm completely drained, weak and in utter pain. Plus it doesn't look like it's going to stop any-time soon.

So I'm just curious if anybody else has had an experience like this while doing MFP or do I need to make an emergency appointment with my doctor?

Sorry for the information. :ohwell:

-Samantha ♥

Replies

• -
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    That's worth a visit to your doctor. Just to make sure everything is ok.
  • I'll ditto dig1467. I don't believe it has anything to do with your diet or exercise, especially if you are doing light workouts. Go see your gynecologist - longer periods and increased pain can be indicative of a host of really bad things, or an equal number of minor things, but it can't be diagnosed over the internet by non-medical personnel. (Says the woman who had similar problems in December and just had a hysterectomy)
  • I'll ditto dig1467. I don't believe it has anything to do with your diet or exercise, especially if you are doing light workouts. Go see your gynecologist - longer periods and increased pain can be indicative of a host of really bad things, or an equal number of minor things, but it can't be diagnosed over the internet by non-medical personnel. (Says the woman who had similar problems in December and just had a hysterectomy)

Thank's, just needed to know if it was just me! Going to make an emergency doctors appointment. ♥
  • weight loss can do that. i'll tell ya something though- my cycle has been wonky since i joined! not sure if its because i work with a bunch of women or that i lost a few lbs. but i've been having MORE periods. they came exteremely early.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    eating too few calories for a prolonged period (pun not intended!) of time can mess with your menstrual cycle, and can make the period go away altogether in more severe cases

of course, that doesn't mean it is that, I agree re seeing your doctor as there are all kinds of things that can mess up your menstrual cycle.
  • Thank's everybody, got an emergency doctor's appointment for 7.10pm tonight :)

(Its 5.16pm in London, UK)