Muscle mass

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
im proud that i have gained muscles and im not lookin for weight loss tips at all im just wonderin im goin to italy for a week will i loose all the hard work that i put in to gain muscle or will i be ok? how long does it take for musc le to turn back into fat? any information i would gladly apprectiate it thanks very much :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Muscle will atrophy, but it will not turn into fat. If you want to maintain, do body weight or band exercises if you don't have gym access. Make sure you get plenty of protein and eat lots of clean foods while you are there and you should be fine.

Do push-ups, squats, lunges, and you could incorporate plyometrics as well. Try jump squats, jumping lunges, etc. Hope this helps!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    First of all, muscle doesn't turn into fat, and fat doesn't turn into muscle.

It takes more than 1 week to undo all your hard work. Enjoy your trip and don't worry too much about it. I like to stay active on vacations personally, I don't consider it a chore to do some activities like pushups, squats, etc. and some running. But if you want to just kick back and relax, go for it! Anything that could possibly be "undone" in a week will then itself be "undone" when you return and hit the weights again!
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Thank you both so so much im very very relived to know it doesnt turn into fat phew and i will certainly enjoy my trip knowing this and will do sits ups etc :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.