indoor Triathlon

emorym
emorym Posts: 344
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Today I did and indoor triathlon at my YMCA. It was 20 mins swimming 5 mins to change then 20 mins on exercise bike on level 5 the over to the treadmill for 20 mins with 2% grade at what ever speed you wanted. I shared a swim lane with a college age girl. I thought she would kick my but in the water, she had that swimmers build. I did 1100 yards to her 950. So I was happy with how well I did in the pool Then we went to the bikes I did 5.53 miles On the tread mill I managed 1.71 miles. While we were running she asks how old I am. I tell her 45. She says, "My Mom is 46, You are doing really good." :-) So I felt old but at least I beat her on all 3 segments. It was a very fun event. This was the first time they have done a triathlon at this branch. If they do another I will sign up and do it again. i got my hour workout in and burned 824 calories in the process. I may even have desert tonight. :smile:

Replies

• jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    that sounds like fun! i used to do mini tri's like that at the gym. but nothing compares to open water swimming! it's great! enjoy that desert, i think you deserve it!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have never heard of this concept before. Sounds like fun.

Great Job.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    It was a fun event. You had to sign up for a time slot. They had 4-6 people in each slot. The YMCA had someone count your laps and write down the distance of the bike and the run. As much as I like swimming in the ocean it is still a little cool at 59 degrees. It was a good first race.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    That sounds like fun!!! Good job!
This discussion has been closed.