Newbie with 195lbs to lose....

Options
So, my title says it all. I've lost 5lbs so far tracking my calories. 5 down and 195 to go. If anyone else is going through a similar journey or has been through one, i would love to have the support and encouragement and make some new friends along the way! :happy:

Replies

• Vicky12055
    Vicky12055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    13 ibs ive lost since dec... only 120ibs to go .. Similar journey ;)
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start already. I'm in the process of losing about 100 pounds. This is a great place for motivation and support! Feel free to add me :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. If you are faithful and honest about tracking your food and exercise, you will be successful. I sent you a friend request and will support you along the way. You made the first step by logging in and posting an introduction. Keep up the hard work. I know you can do this!!!
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    First off congradulations on the 5lbs... that is a wonderful accomplishment. WELCOME to MFP.... I love it! Feel free to add me.... Im in it for the long hall so I'll be around and we can encourage each other!
  • 1dangigi
    Options
    Hi-I am new to this web site. Looks like this will be fun. The best advise I can give you--don't give up. It's okay to have a bad day--but remember get back on that bike and go again. I started my journey back in October. Exercising every other day-no matter what. I am training to do my first 13k run. I recently completed a 5k--I"ve lost 20 pounds since then and have 10 more to go. Once you start seeing the results---it just pushes you and pushes you. Keep me posted! You can do it--and it helps when you have a good support team.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing 115 lbs, so I'm right there with you. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • ALittlePixieDust
    ALittlePixieDust Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 5 pound loss! Over the years I have been back and forth and decided a week ago I had really had enough. I did 2 5Ks over the last 3 weeks and hated that I tired so easily and was holding my teammates back from moving quicker. I am proud I completed both of them though!

I have 104 pounds to lose and my first weigh in is tomorrow. I have sent you a friend request and welcome anyone who wants to friend me.

Have a great day!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the loss! There is always a first step and then you run with it!! Great community here, I'm new here but not to weight loss! I am a year into my journey and have lost 70 lbs!

Good luck to you! Come here for encouragement, log meals, workout and success will follow with a healthier lifestyle! best wishes :)
  • BrenWOW
    Options
    Hi! Glad you found this site- I joined in January and have lost 12 and I have about 110 left to go..Add me if you'd like! Congrats on the first steps to a new you :)
  • Cheryl2627
    Cheryl2627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcomre! feel free to add me- we can keep each other motivated!
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Feel Free to add me as well!! =)
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have lost 14 lbs since Jan 14th but have over 100 to go.