Seriously, how hard is it....

Options
To understand that the goal MFP gives you has a built in deficit to lose weight? And when the hell did the definition of GOAL change...it's a GOAL...it is something to be achieved. If you are under eating and shooting below your goal...or doing **** tons of cardio to burn a bazillion calories and not eating them back, you are an UNDERACHIEVER because you are not meeting your GOAL.

I know I probably shouldn't care, but for some weird reason I do care...I do care that there seems to be tons of people trying to starve themselves to death around here in order to lose a few pounds...I do care that people for some reason feel the need to over train themselves in an effort to create some kind of Grand Canyon sized deficit that is detrimental to their health. Everyday I tell myself I'm not going to even look at a post that asks if they're eating enough...or they don't understand why they should eat back exercise calories...or the why is eating 700 calories bad if I'm not hungry. But everyday I go to them...everyday I respond with the same answers and everyday it just seems to go ignored. I'm telling myself that I will never look at those forum posts again...I will never say another word to anyone who is doing this to themselves because, what the hell...it's not my life or my body, why should I care. But I care...so I know the next time I log in, I'll go right back to those posts and try to talk some sense.

Please people, for the love of God learn how to properly use this tool and start ACHIEVING your goals.

/rant

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Amen! I can't help myself either... There are days when I just have to keep myself off the boards though and today is becoming one of them. To many questions about exercise calories and diet pills and it just makes me smh and want to reach into the interwebs and strangle people. And I just can't be mean and snarky like some others on here, even when I really want to so it's just better to walk away and hope tomorrow is better.