The Last 15 pounds--it will not leave!

slimsuccess
slimsuccess Posts: 47
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Does anyone have the same problem. I am at the last 15 pounds and no matter what I do--change up eating, exercise more, exercise less, eat more--all the tricks, I can't seem to get the scale to move. Did anybody who has reached goal go through the same thing. Also I am perimenopausal. Could that be the problem. Help! I need motivation.

Replies

• Does anyone have the same problem. I am at the last 15 pounds and no matter what I do--change up eating, exercise more, exercise less, eat more--all the tricks, I can't seem to get the scale to move. Did anybody who has reached goal go through the same thing. Also I am perimenopausal. Could that be the problem. Help! I need motivation.
  • Hi. I was in the same predicament a couple of months ago, until I started to switch up my routine and take 2 spinning classes a week. BOY, did the pounds start coming off much quicker. I lost 5 pounds in five weeks and before that, it would have taken been three times as long! I think by body was stuck in a rut and just needed a good challenge :noway: . Now, I'm taking spinning three times a week and I do about 60 miles over those three days. I also do strength training two other days, for a total of five days at the gym. Also, I try not to eat past 7pm and I cut out sweets from my diet (it helps that it is Lent as well).

I would take a spinning class and I bet you will see some weight loss rather quickly. Since Feb.1 I've lost about 7 pounds and I have about 8 to go. I only wish that I had started the spinning classes much earlier, but better late than never. Let me know how things work out =-) Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Patsy
  • Thanks. I will change my routine. I am not able to take a spinning class right now, but I can do some speed walking. That will probably help.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Hang in there Slim! It will happen in God's time as long as you stay with it!

Your Friend,
    Fat Dancer
  • Thank you dancer. I will let you know how it comes out. I started last week doing speed walking. My next weigh-in day is on the 1st.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    peruse this Slim, it may answer some of your questions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
This discussion has been closed.