What workout do you recommend after P90X?

Hi guys!

I'm only just starting P90X, but I want to set a plan in place for afterwards. My goal is lean and toned. I've heard a lot of people say that P90X got them toned, but what really got them lean was Insanity. Any truth to that?

What would be your number 1 recommendation to move on to after P90X?

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    idk. what does lean and toned mean lol.

I'd say they both support the goal of burning fat while hanging on to the muscle you have, i primairly say this because both nutrition guides focus only on eating at a defecit.

Is one really any better then the other? perhaps for some, but i think its really more about when the best results happen to kick in, they are going to think its that program that did it for them.

I'd recommend ANY beach body program to follow up with... or any kind of boot camp class or even crossfit.

best results probably come from doing something different when you are done. then return for another round if you wish. consider even eating at a modest surplus and just lifting weights for a few weeks to a month after to mix things up. might not seem like much different then p90x but the change in diet will be different for the body
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    I ran for a month after I finished my 1st round of P90X. I was bored so I did another round but I used a P90X/Insanity Hybrid calendar, so it seemed like a different program.

Good luck!
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Stronglift 5x5 & P90X2. I'm seeing great results in increased strength. I started Stronglift 5x5 8 weeks ago. I was going to stop once I started P90X2 (4 weeks ago), but decided to keep going but reduce the workouts to 2x per week instead of 3. So I'll typically do the stronglifts on my 2 "rest" days from P90X2.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I did my first round of P90X Classic and am now doing the Lean rotation which is 2 days of lifting instead of 3. I'm seeing a drop in body fat again and I have some new muscle definition.