8 hour diet

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I once lost 28lbs on the 8 hour diet... DO IT!!!
    I'm liking the results \m/

:blushing: Thanks :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It made me bulky
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The 8 Hour Diet Basics:

The 8 Hour Diet was designed with the idea in mind that the body was designed to run best with periods of eating followed by periods of fasting. With this particular plan it's 8 hours eating and 16 hours fasting.

All of the persons daily calories are to be consumed ONLY during an 8 hour period. The 8 hour period can be adjusted to best suit the dieter. So you can eat from 12-8 PM or 8-4 or whatever hours you feel would work best with your schedule.

You can eat whatever you want on this diet. No foods are forbidden. Just eat your normal meals (example breakfast and lunch) and make sure you eat an appropriate portion. Don't overdo it, do't binge.

Avoid sugary beverages and do not consume empty calories in drinks.

The dieter should try to get some exercise in before the eating window begins. This supercharges fat loss.

Drink lots of water whenever you like. You can (and should!) drink water during the 16 fasting hours.

Eat as many of the "power foods" as possible to increase weight loss.

ETA: Taken from: http://theweeklydietplan.hubpages.com/hub/Week-1-The-8-Hour-Diet
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I use to do the 8 hour diet a few years ago.

I'd eat everything I could put into my piehole during an 8 hour period everyday.

I didn't lose any weight...
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I only try stuff that Dr. Oz endorses. Did he endorse this?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

34508772.jpg
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    day after day i continue to be astonished that people fall for this *kitten*

Falling for it? I'm questioning those who have actually tried it as a way to jump start my metabolism and lose the last five pounds.I've already lost 45 on my own with diet and excercise three years ago. I continue to be astonished by the judgemental remarks on what I had heard was a supportive site.I know it's about lifestyle changes and not fads.It's a book by David Zinczenko,editor of men's health magazine and I read an article about it in womens health last night and was curious.LOVE the sarcastic comments by people who are,like me former fatties and not experts.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Check out Intermittent Fasting in the groups. I haven't read up on the 8 hour diet but from my understanding it's the same concept. I do IF and have had great success with it. As with any "diet" it really needs to be looked at as a lifestyle, something you can live with the rest of your life. No matter what method you choose it all comes back to cals in vs. cals out. Fasting does have some proven health/hormone benefits but it has not caused my weight loss. Keeping cals in check has. IF has stopped my binge eating, which is a huge thing for me! Which ever way you go, good luck!

And for those who truly want to know,It's this.
  • avababy05
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying it, I have a coworker that has the book and she is doing good on the diet.......

Thank you for your response
  • avababy05
    Options

I have no idea what Dr Oz would endorse. I believe he's on TV and I don't watch TV.Ever.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Falling for it? I'm questioning those who have actually tried it as a way to jump start my metabolism and lose the last five pounds.I've already lost 45 on my own with diet and excercise three years ago. I continue to be astonished by the judgemental remarks on what I had heard was a supportive site.I know it's about lifestyle changes and not fads.It's a book by David Zinczenko,editor of men's health magazine and I read an article about it in womens health last night and was curious.LOVE the sarcastic comments by people who are,like me former fatties and not experts.

The rules for weight loss haven't changed since you last did so successfully three years ago. Try that first. No "jump start" necessary (or advised...or, for that matter, even possible).
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

the mockery is because the 8-hour diet is yet another nonsensical fad diet.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/CelebrityDiagnosis/36931

it's just another "get rich quick" scheme by its authors peddling another "get thin quick" scam.

i promise you that if i was given 8 hours to eat whatever i wanted in whatever quantity i wanted, i would be ballooning and not shrinking. i could eat dozens and dozens of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups each day. that's the premise of this fad diet, is it not?
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i think the point is to eat HEALTHY, proportionate meals within the 8 hours. From what i have read (reviews) the author is a drama queen who likes to over-exaggerate. But i havent read anything saying that this is an unhealthy or dangerious diet. I eat healthy, workout DAILY and am stuck. If changing the TIME i eat can help shake things up. Im in =)

I am so tired of people screaming that this is unhealthy, that is unhealthy at people who are dropping the weight getting it done. Ive heard people say weight loss on “fad diets” is cheating… Blooming ridiculous!!! Im all for WHATEVER WORKS, cause seriously... how physically, mentally and emotionally healthy is being fat??
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

34508772.jpg
    FTW!
  • avababy05
    Options

The whole "eating whatever you want" part of it is not even in the picture for me.It's more about the concept that fasting for 16 hours and then working out before you eat again forces the body to burn stored fat. The 45 pounds I lost three years ago and kept it off.I just want to lose five more pounds that won't budge.Desperate? Yes,a little.From my point of view it's not that different from not eating after a certain hour...which is hard for me.

the mockery is because the 8-hour diet is yet another nonsensical fad diet.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/CelebrityDiagnosis/36931

it's just another "get rich quick" scheme by its authors peddling another "get thin quick" scam.

i promise you that if i was given 8 hours to eat whatever i wanted in whatever quantity i wanted, i would be ballooning and not shrinking. i could eat dozens and dozens of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups each day. that's the premise of this fad diet, is it not?

I'm not looking for a "get thin quick".I get it's a lifestyle change.I kept the 45 pounds off and nothing else is working for the last five so I'm asking.I wouldn't "eat whatever I want" I would stick to my 1200 calorie a day plan.My understanding is that the concept is if you don't eat for 16 hours and then excercise before you eat again,it forces the body to burn stored fat.I'm thinking its not that different from just not eating after a certain time.
  • avababy05
    Options
    i think the point is to eat HEALTHY, proportionate meals within the 8 hours. From what i have read (reviews) the author is a drama queen who likes to over-exaggerate. But i havent read anything saying that this is an unhealthy or dangerious diet. I eat healthy, workout DAILY and am stuck. If changing the TIME i eat can help shake things up. Im in =)

I am so tired of people screaming that this is unhealthy, that is unhealthy at people who are dropping the weight getting it done. Ive heard people say weight loss on “fad diets” is cheating… Blooming ridiculous!!! Im all for WHATEVER WORKS, cause seriously... how physically, mentally and emotionally healthy is being fat??

Exactly my point.Thank you for your response.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.
  • avababy05
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.

It's not a diet that only lasts 8 hours.The plan says to eat all your calories within an 8 hour time frame.For more info,Google it.

Interesting to me,my critics,that this thread has so many responses.Hmmmm,seems to me others really wanted to know about the "quick fix". Wish I could get half the responses for my weight lifting questions.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Let's see. We eat supper around 5:30- 6pm, and breakfast around 7am....Soooo, I usually fast for at least 13 hours every day, and then eat every 4 hours during the day....then repeat....

OH but if my kids and hubby let me, I can sleep in, and then I get the full 16 hours...
    *facepalm*.

Listen, your best bet with weight loss is to eat healthy, stay within your calories, and exercise regularly. No need for fad diets.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    It made me bulky

yeah, me too Dave.