Valentine's Day dinner?

Options
fancycupcake
fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
My boyfriend and I aren't going to try to go out on Valentine's Day - not worth the hassle or the money or the potential sabotage of our diets! We are both working or in class until 9pm, though, so we won't be able to get together until then. We were going to just cook a meal together, but it IS Valentine's Day after all...and should be a little more special than our typical cooked meals together.

What are some fast, easy recipes we can make together, preferably with a Valentine's twist on it? I'm talking pink food coloring or heart-shaped somethings.

We aren't on low-carb, we love chicken, hate beef, not big on pasta. Thoughts?

Replies

• Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Have a grill? I was considering making marinated chicken and vegetable kabobs. With red peppers cut into hearts. I haven't tried it yet but may also shake up the mix for 3-2-1 cake. What's Valentine's Day without something sweet?!
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You could make chicken tikka - it's pink!

Strawberries dipped in Greek yogurt..mmmm!
  • Stephanie_Jean
    Stephanie_Jean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You could make a heart-shaped pizza... with veggies on it. :heart:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My partner's birthday is today, so we skip Valentines. But here is what we will be having tonight, I figure the raspberries give it a romantic touch and there is something very sweet about sharing a fondue pot. When we first got together, fondue was our go to date night meal. The fondue is very caloric, but I can fit it in by skimping a bit the rest of the day.

Steak cubes with raspberry chipotle marinade - also works with chicken
    Steamed broccoli
    Fondue (the above are our dippers)
    No bake Raspberry Cheesecake - chopped almonds in bottom of ramekin, Neufchâtel beat with cool whip on top, then fresh raspberries (well, blackberries, since that is the store had, I guess we are going goth romantic).

Another great dessert is the uber traditional chocolate dipped strawberries, just make sure to get dark chocolate.
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas! I love a heart shaped pizza idea (we love pizza!) and the stuffed mushrooms (yummmm!)

We will be going to Melting Pot for fondue as a celebratory "He got the job!" dinner, but otherwise that would have been top on the list!!

Thanks again and more are welcome if anyone's got anything more!