1/2 avacodo
    Cherry tomatoes
    Cucumber
    Salt & pepper

Easy, quick snack or light lunch
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. Using the MFP recommendation for percentages really limits how much protein that you are getting. I would encourage you to consider changing the percentages so that you get more protein. I eat 35/35/30 but I lift a lot. Maybe try 40/30/30 or so for a while and see how you feel.

Good luck!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Avocado on its own with a little salt and pepper is sooo good. Maybe a splash of fresh lime juice if you have it.

I like to add capers, sunflower seeds or chia seeds to cottage cheese.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I fill half an avocado with cottage cheese and eat it like that. It's a really filling low carb high protein snack but the texture can be a little off-putting.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1/4c FF Cottage Cheese + 1/4tsp Vanilla + 1/4tsp Cinnamon + 1 packet Splenda = Delish! Taste almost like Cheesecake. I HATE Cottage Cheese but I saw a recipe for it and I had some in the fridge left over from a dip recipe I did on Sunday. I think I might have to do this again!
  • MadameMC
    MadameMC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Avocado Deviled Eggs: http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/get-em-while-the-gettins-good/

And personally I just love cottage cheese right out of the container with a little salt & pepper sprinkled on top. Yum!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love the taste of avocado just as it is. But my fave salad is one with 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese mixed in with a bit of balsamic (Bolthouse Classic Balsamic is my faaaaave). It's super good for you and yummy.

I do something similar. I mix Italian dressing into cottage cheese, then slice an avocado in half and spoon the Italian/cottage cheese mixture into the avocado pit vacuum. Then, I just eat the avocado with a spoon and try to get some of the Italian/cottage cheese mixture in each of the spoonfuls.

I like it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I just eat them straight. They are both delicious.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals is a baked potato with cottage cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper (no margarine). Really, really good!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    You can stuff pasta shells with cottage cheese and spinach and bake em with whatever sauce! SOOOOO GOOOD XD I also like having pineapple and cottage cheese.

I love avocado plain, but I also use it in my breakfast sandos (usually a whole wheat english muffin, one egg, half of some sort of sausage, avo, mixed greens and tapatio... YUM).

Edit: ALSOOOO salt and vinegar pop chips and cottage cheese is a really tasty snack ;)
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    All I add with avacodo is a little bit of lemon juice and a tad of salt. mix it up and Yum Yum!!! Just had some today and it was awesome. I forgot how much i Love Avacodo!!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculously simple, but amazingly delicious. Dorie Greenspan (she's a super famous chef) shared this recipe in her book Around My French Table.

Halve the avocado (leave skin on, remove seed) and fill the holes with pistachio oil. Add a little sea salt, pepper, paprika, whatever you're into. AMAZING!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and avacado sounds good together! Mmmmmm

I agree! totally trying this tomorrow post workout.
    I often eat bananas, pineapple, or cantaloupe with cottage cheese. I got this pancake recipe from the biggest loser website for oatmeal/cottage cheese pancakes. they are really good and filling!

http://frombeyondmykitchenwindow.blogspot.com/2012/02/biggest-loser-oatmeal-pancakes.html

I use avocado to mix in with tuna or hard boiled eggs. or just add to to a salad
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I ate this salad once at a New York restaurant and can't stop making it ever since.

Just grilled shrimps, avocado slices and tangerines on a green salad bed - it was amazing!

You can make any vinaigrette to it (usually I make an olive oil-mustard-vinegar-pepper-parsley - really basic one) and sprinkle with pine nuts.

I just had it today. :-)
  • GZelau
    Options
    gonna try almost all these recipes, thanks for sharing everyone.......
  • dewdropinn79
    dewdropinn79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    avacado, tomato drizzled with balsalmic vinegar and sea salt