Alternative to Nuts as a Fat Source

Options
I have been looking at several different meals plans to help me lose the last 50 lbs. Almost every meal plan has nuts in it. I am deathly allergic to all nuts so those are out for me. I was wondering if anyone has found appropriate replacement foods.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings are fantastic for this. They are nearly matched grams for gram in fat/protein.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at several different meals plans to help me lose the last 50 lbs. Almost every meal plan has nuts in it. I am deathly allergic to all nuts so those are out for me. I was wondering if anyone has found appropriate replacement foods.

Ice cream, full fat dairy, avocados, oils, butter
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    They suggest nuts because they are considered to be a healthier type of fat that animal fats....which, you can believe or not..you need fats, so if you can't eat nuts, that leaves what ACG said. Animal fat or other oils.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Meat. It's the satisfying combination of fat and protein that make nuts a good choice for dieters so meat is a good alternative. Steak is my personal preference -- it has more nutrition than chicken, tastes great and is versatile.