Salad Dressing

Options
I'm looking for recommendations for a tangy, light, dressing. I don't like sweet dressings. I bought the Ken's Lite Caesar dressing and yikes it was too much for my tastebuds!

Replies

• Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like a little balsamic vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar. Add some garlic if you like. Add a little low/no fat sour cream to make it creamier.
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own brand has a few that I really like - the Sesame Ginger is my favorite! You could also try a Light Greek Vinaigrette by Wishbone or any of the light balsamic vinaigrette varieties from Kraft.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a ginger miso dressing which rocks my world. Rice vinegar, miso paste, fresh ginger and garlic and water blended up. It's a bit creamy from the miso and I add a touch of honey but if you don't like sweet then I would skip that. Lasts a couple days in fridge!
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bragg's Organic has the most awesome balsamic vinaigrette - they also have a berry vinaigrette that's really tasty and a ginger sesame dressing I have yet to try.
  • olives28
    Options
    walden farms
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Maries Spinach Dressing, super good, 50 calories a serving, even the hubbie likes it.
  • charever92
    Options
    I make my own that is balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, and honey.
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Marie's Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing - 2 tbsp/70 calories

Look for it in the produce department. I pour it on everything - salads, pizza, whatever. DELICIOUS!
  • lalarox
    Options
    I usually hate Kraft's dressings but I am in love with the Kraft Toasted Sesame Lite Anything Dressing. So yummy and only 50 cals /2tbsp
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I make my own sometimes with 2 servings of spicy brown mustard, white vinegar, and one packet of equal ( you could use real sugar or another sweetener or your choice). It makes a nice, tangy, mustard vinegrette for only 10 calories. I used that today on my spinach salad. It was very yummy.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Dijom mustard with olive oil added until creamy, or lemon vinagarette lemon juice (fresh) olive oil and S@P to taste. OR plain greek yogurt add fresh herbs and thin with some milk S@P you can add the dried hidden vally ranch mix if you like its about 20 calories a tbs. This would be a ranch type'
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Well, it's not light but it is very flavorful so a little goes a long way - Annie's Tuscan Salad Dressing. 2TBSP = 100 cals but I use half that on a salad with 3 cups of veggies, and it's fine.

You might also like Annie's Gingerly dressing - spicy, not sweet.
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like Wishbone's Light Italian Dressing 2TBSP = 35 calories with a little avocado.
    Kraft's Creamy Italian Dressing is good to and 2 TBSP = 80 calories.
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/the-best-fish-baps-with-mushy-peas-tartare-sauce

Jamie Oliver's Tartare Sauce (made with Yougurt) is awesome...
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Marie's Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing - 2 tbsp/70 calories

I also like this! Most of the time I use balsamic vinegar.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't really use salad dressing..

but if I want it. I use oil and vinegar or balasmic vinegarette.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use the balsalmic breeze spray dressing. it has like 10 calories a serving. I also LOVE trader Joe's cilantro lime. its in the cold section. Super yum.
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Marie's (In the produce dept) make yogurt based dressing which are DELICIOUS as well as half the calories and fat. I LOVE the ranch.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I discovered that bottled salad dressing was a HUGE hidden source of fat and calories. So now I take a small glass cup I mix in some EVOO, water and some red wine vinegar and two nice dollips of country style dijon mustard. YUM and no where near the fat or calories of bottled dressings...
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Kraft fat free salad dressings are great. Not sweet at all, quite savory. They compliment salad very well.