Alcoholic Drinks ;)

Options
Anyone know of any really yummy low-cal alcoholic drinks a girl can enjoy on a Friday evening ;)

Replies

• anna_karina
    Options
    long vodka with soda water NOT lemonade and fresh lime NOT cordial! xxx
  • nikki87
    nikki87 Posts: 5
    Options
    im anxious to hear the replys.. i would love to find some!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I read an article about it a few weeks back and they said the best lo-cal mixed drink is rum & Diet Coke.
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I personally stopped drinking full stop a few months ago as I was disgusted by how many calories I could consume on a night out....but I understand some may find this difficult....if u really feel like you need a drink I would opt for single shots of any spirits to be taken with diet coke or soda water so gin and tonic are fine at about 56cals per one shot.

x
  • elissamarie
    Options
    gin and tonic with a lime. . its about 134 calories.. its not too bad calorie-wise and actually has a pretty refreshing taste. its not super sweet or girly (like the drinks I usually like), but it is pretty good. MY boyfriend got me started on those.
  • elissamarie
    Options
    gin and tonic with a lime. . its about 134 calories.. its not too bad calorie-wise and actually has a pretty refreshing taste. its not super sweet or girly (like the drinks I usually like), but it is pretty good. MY boyfriend got me started on those.
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Vodka + soda, like anna_karina said. Just make sure you don't ask for vodka + tonic, because even though they taste about the same, tonic has 100 calories per serving and soda has zero. It has sugar too, I believe. A squeeze of lime makes it even tastier without adding more than a few calories.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm incorporating non alcoholic beers too. One of my becks blue is about 50cals a go. but it tastes quite similar to beer. I have them as "inbetween" drinks later on in the evening to save on getting silly. Im all growd up now have to be serious lol.
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Be careful of gin or vodka with tonic - tonic has as many calories as regular soda unless you can get diet tonic. I frequently indulge in a vodka tonic but make it at home with diet tonic water and fresh lime. I think it averages around 60 calories a drink. Most bars don't carry diet tonic so if you are going out, stick to something mixed either with club soda or diet soda.
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    If you like beer, you could try Bud Select 55 (only 55 calories a beer). It's pretty good.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I just found this awesome website.........http://recipecircus.com/recipes/awsum34/TIDBITS---You-Need-To-Know/Beer.html
    it has a ton of drink and beer information that someone actually took the time to create. Check it out
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm incorporating non alcoholic beers too. One of my becks blue is about 50cals a go. but it tastes quite similar to beer. I have them as "inbetween" drinks later on in the evening to save on getting silly. Im all growd up now have to be serious lol.

Hahahahaha. =P
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My favourite is vodka and water in a pint glass with 2 lime slices. Tastes great and keeps you hydrated.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Knob Creek. Neat or OTR
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Sprite Zero (lime optional) :drinker: It ain't just for girls.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm alcohol
  • lkspringer
    Options
    Bacardi Razz and Diet DP is 72 calories per drink. It is more tasty than just plain rum and diet coke and only about 10 more calories.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    my plan is just to drink so much that I puke so they don't count.

KIDDING.

but seriously,... here's a couple I copied from Fitness Magazine's website..

Sangria Sparkler

Sharing a pitcher of sangria with friends is a great way to kick off summer. Sliced oranges are a traditional addition to this refreshing Spanish beverage. With their bright red flesh, blood oranges give extra impact.

Prep: 10 minutes
    Chill: 2 hours
    Makes: 12 servings

750-milliliter bottle dry red wine
    1 cup light orange juice
    1/4 cup brandy or cognac
    1/4 cup orange liqueur
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 medium oranges, sliced
    2 cups club soda, chilled
    Crushed ice and/or orange peel curls (optional)

1. In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, brandy, orange liqueur, sugar, and orange slices. Chill at least 2 hours. Add club soda before serving. Serve over crushed ice and/or with orange peel curls, if desired.

Nutrition Information per serving: 100 calories, 0g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 0g fat (0g saturated), 0g fiber

Mojito Fresco
    The popular Cuban cocktail's combination of sweetness, citrus, and refreshing mint is the best way to fend off the summer heat wave.

Prep: 20 minutes
    Chill: 1 hour
    Makes: 8 servings

2 large limes, cut into pieces (reserve one piece)
    2 cups water
    2/3 cup sugar
    2 cups water
    1/4 to 1/2 cup light rum
    Sugar
    1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
    Ice cubes
    Quartered limes and/or mint leaves (optional)

1. In a blender combine lime pieces, 2 cups water, and 2/3 cup sugar. Cover and blend about 30 seconds or until limes are chopped; do not puree. Strain through a sieve into a large pitcher. Mix in 2 cups additional water. Cover and chill for 1 to 12 hours.

2. Stir rum into lime mixture. Moisten the rims of 8 glasses with the reserved lime piece; dip rims in sugar. Divide mint among glasses. Use a wooden spoon to press mint into the bottom of each glass; press firmly to release flavor. Fill glasses with ice cubes. Pour chilled lime mixture over ice and mint leaves. If desired, add extra quartered limes and/or mint leaves.

Nutrition Information per serving: 95 calories, 0g protein, 21g carbohydrate, 0g fat (0g saturated), 1g fiber

That Mojito is sounding pretty good right now...
  • roxannem
    roxannem Posts: 14
    Options
    Yummy, think i need to switch up from my beer i tell you its hard to give up and it doesnt help to shed those pounds...Thanks Roxanne
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like vodka with diet tonic, with fresh limes and a splash of cranberry or Pom.